Forums Latest Members

Unimatic x Hodinkee - U1-H Interesting Issue

1. sjg22 Jul 15, 2021

I wasn't necessarily looking for a new acquisition, but I've admired the minimalist aesthetic of Unimatic's releases in the past and so I purchased the U1-H dive watch model from their recent collaboration with Hodinkee. The Hodinkee version has significantly thinned the case from 13.6mm to 11.25mm - thinner sport watches always appeal to me and I like the idea of a watch that is more under the radar than others in my collection to wear when I travel to certain destinations.

Following the arrival of the watch, I noticed that something strange was going on . The watches are individually numbered on the caseback given that they are a limited edition of 500. The engraved number on my caseback doesn't line up with the number listed on the warranty card, outer box, etc. - the middle digit is one numeral off. It seems as if a mistake has been made and my watch was placed in the wrong box, with the wrong warranty card, crystal sticker, etc.... I've emailed Hodinkee outlining the issue, with thus far no response.

I like the watch (great rubber strap and excellent quality for the price), but the caseback engraving not matching other associated items doesn't sit well with me. Wondering how others would handle this situation.

2. abrod520 Jul 16, 2021

Weird, I'd wait to see what Hodinkee says but in the meantime, you could put your number out there and hope the buyer of the corresponding watch (which I assume must be the converse of yours) gets in touch for a swap?

3. kpaxsg Jul 17, 2021

May not be the friendliest of after service from my past experience, perhaps with HODINKEE collaboration may be luckier

4. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Jul 17, 2021

Have you received a response yet?

5. sjg22 Jul 19, 2021

No response as yet. That said, I emailed them on Thursday morning, so the weekend may have interfered. It'll be 48 (business) hours since I contacted them later this morning... slightly surprised that I haven't received even a "sorry to hear that, we'll look into it on our end" type of response at this stage.... Oh, and since this is a watch forum :) - I am enjoying it as a great watch to wear at the lake (boating, kayaking, swimming, or (sadly) working etc.) without having to specifically worry about it: Unimatic.jpg

Edited Jul 19, 2021
    Dsloan likes this.