Forums Latest Members

Unicorn 18K Seamaster Pro Bond Chrono on the bay

1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 27, 2021

I had the steel version of this, 2225.80 as my first Omega so always had a bit of a soft spot for it, Chuck Maddox made the 2298.80 rather famous and his affection for the titanium version’s lightweight practicality was part of why I bought mine.

At the other end of the practicality scale is the solid 18K Gold full bracelet version which from memory is well over 300g on the wrist, and extremely easy to dent / scratch (anyone who has owned one of these variants in steel or Ti knows how much the the thick case and high bezel attracts dings like a door jam seeking missile).

It’s extremely rare, extremely cool and yet I don’t know a single person who would pay that amount of money for that watch in gold. Maybe a Seamaster but not a SMPC. I don’t even know what it would go for and sort of hope the seller eventually decides to let it go no reserve low starting bid to see what the market is willing to bear just out of curiosity.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/omega-seam...250974?hash=item4dbe3e885e:g:y1UAAOSw199gOwYbPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Zapatta, Scarecrow Boat and cvalue13 like this.