Uni Compax Dial

Posts
1,523
Likes
3,150
122894822_10159286336743221_1001025852412445653_n.jpg

an interesting one ...
 
Posts
13,906
Likes
54,078
I’m not in the redial camp. Could use a better photo.
 
Posts
1,180
Likes
4,233
Care to elaborate on that?
I’m not in the redial camp. Could use a better photo.
Just look at the right subdial. At least, it's a misprint.
 
Posts
13,906
Likes
54,078
Just look at the right subdial. At least, it's a misprint.
good eye!
 
Posts
3,677
Likes
8,482
Just look at the right subdial. At least, it's a misprint.

whats the issue with the right subdial?
 
Posts
1,523
Likes
3,150
It looked OK at a glance but on closer inspection it does not pass the test. Look at overlap of second runner chapter at 15 and 45 ... Additionally the 45 minutes register is incorrectly aligned. It is pretty good for a redial though ..
 
Posts
1,180
Likes
4,233
whats the issue with the right subdial?
it is a few degrees turned counterclockwise
 
Posts
3,677
Likes
8,482
Granted I haven't taken a serious look at this, but offhand I'm not seeing an issue on right subdial alignment. With 45 at the top, quartered, you would expect to the see the 15 on the minute track hitting 11.25 on the minute subdial, which this appears to be doing.

This just popped up on C24 this morning, a similarish and higher res photo comparison. It's hard to evaluate the OP dial on the this thread from the one (not great) pic, in terms of fonts, serifs, etc....
 
Posts
1,116
Likes
3,942
honestly I think this test is pretty useless if you don't have a perfectly simmetric pic, that is - for istance - technically impossible for phones made pics.
 
Posts
1,116
Likes
3,942
Granted I haven't taken a serious look at this, but offhand I'm not seeing an issue on right subdial alignment. With 45 at the top, quartered, you would expect to the see the 15 on the minute track hitting 11.25 on the minute subdial, which this appears to be doing.

This just popped up on C24 this morning, a similarish and higher res photo comparison. It's hard to evaluate the OP dial on the this thread from the one (not great) pic, in terms of fonts, serifs, etc....
OT: this dial is super nice, but this is the only original thing of this watch 🙁
 
Posts
1,523
Likes
3,150
honestly I think this test is pretty useless if you don't have a perfectly simmetric pic, that is - for istance - technically impossible for phones made pics.

Looks pretty symmetric to me. The faults are very clear.

 
Posts
2,968
Likes
6,323
Looks pretty symmetric to me. The faults are very clear.



I agree it's likely asymmetrical. That being said, so is bgrisso's posted example. What do you say to that?
 
Posts
1,523
Likes
3,150
I would say that it is no where near as asymmetrical. I have also yet to find a dial with such a square font !

😀
 
Posts
2,968
Likes
6,323
I would say that it is no where near as asymmetrical. I have also yet to find a dial with such a square font !

😀

I know the photo is angled, but it looks askew to me. You're right that it's not as bad, seemingly.
 
Posts
1,523
Likes
3,150
superimpose them and I think that you will find that there is a big difference between the two (or maybe i am drinking a little too much rum during lockdown) ...
 
Posts
975
Likes
1,517
It's difficult to account for the anlges the pics were taken at. But the two sub dials look about the same to me. If you draw a line from the 22.5 through the 45 and up to the outer track, they appear to hit at the same place....