Forums Latest Members

Omega Planet Ocean Chrono Running Slow--Should I worry?

1. danguba78 Oct 31, 2018

Since July of this year, I have been the very happy owner of a new Planet Ocean Chronograph (ref. 215.33.46.51.03.001, caliber Omega 9900). This is the current version of this watch, which is a Master Chronometer and COSC/METAS certified. As I understand it, the watch, if within specs, should not lose time, and at most gain 5 seconds per day.

I need some advice/wisdom as to whether I should worry or do anything about time loss.

Since getting the watch, I have been impressed with everything about it. I have also tracked its performance using the WatchTracker app. With that app, I can see that I am losing time, on average 0.5 seconds per day, as tracked over two two-month periods. Screen caps of my latest timing run are as follows:

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png

The results of METAS testing on my specific watch, obtained from Omega, are as follows:

Capture.JPG

In any other automatic watch, I’d think these are great results. But given the tolerances with METAS certification, I’m wondering if I should be seeking an adjustment (under warranty) from Omega.

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 31, 2018

What position do you store it overnight? Try a different position.

3. danguba78 Oct 31, 2018

Good question. The position is on my wrist. I basically take it off to shower, and that's it.

Foo2rama likes this.