Forums Latest Members

Uncle Seiko US1450 Bracelet problem.

1. Gerry73 May 28, 2021

Hi everyone bought the US1450 for the 3861 I own and can't get the end links on the watch securely using three different pairs of spring bars. Any hints/tips? The spring bar ends just aren't finding the holes in the lugs with the end links in place. Any help appreciated.
    Gerry

2. b.glazer3 May 28, 2021

3. Evitzee May 28, 2021

US says it won't fit the new 3861 so I'm not surprised you are having problems. No idea what the solution is, if any.

4. Gerry73 May 28, 2021

Thanks. I thought it did fit the new model. Will look back over communications and confirm. G

5. Gerry73 May 28, 2021

Just checked my emails and looked on his site. It now states it won't fit the new 3861 but when I ordered it said I'd need to request different bars for the new model. I have an email thread to this effect. Clearly updated the website after I'd ordered. I'll chase it up but now need info on end links for the 3861? I would have noticed the message in red on the site and as mentioned had to email and included the model I had in that conversation. I'll email him back.
    Thanks guys.
    G

6. Gerry73 May 28, 2021

We're in the process of sorting it out. Not mounting it, just sorting out a return. He wasn't aware it won't work on the 3861 initially but has since realized it won't. Already on it's way to me when he realized. No harm done. I can't sell it on here myself as not enough posts so might have to return it to the US. Thanks for your input guys. Just one of those things. Gerry

7. Evitzee May 28, 2021

I would guess that a proper end link will eventually be made, but that doesn't help you now. Returning it is probably the best option.

Gerry73 likes this.
  8. Gerry73 May 28, 2021

Not in any rush to be honest. It's on the nylon it was bought on and I would be okay with waiting for the correct end links if that's likely. Looks a great bracelet and great communication from the seller.

9. uvalaw2005 May 28, 2021

Yeah, there was an unusual back and forth on this. Initially he said it wouldn't work. Some users online were able to make it work with different spring bars and there was a Youtube video to that effect (since deleted), so he changed the page to say it was possible with different spring bars. But enough folks have been unable to make it work that he has gone back to the original disclaimer. It's a shame, since it's a great bracelet and Larry is great to work with.

Forstner bands also have a 1450 coming later this summer, though they too note that 3861 endlinks will have to come later (but are planned): https://www.instagram.com/p/CPatJ5pL_CW/

JanP and nicolamilton like this.
  10. Forstnerbands May 31, 2021

Speaking from experience, you can get the end links to fit by thinning out the little “ears” behind the end pieces. We’re working on 3861 specific end links and I expect US is going to also, if it’s not already in progress.

marco likes this.
  11. Pius XIII May 31, 2021

I was able to get the US 1450 to fit on my 3861 with 1.5 mm spring bars that I had previously purchased from Amazon. It was an absolute pain to attach even with the substitute spring bars. In the end I wasn’t crazy about the look compared to the stock bracelet.

12. Evitzee May 31, 2021

H'mmm....cheap, thin springbars made from unknown grade of Chinesium, bought from Amazon to affix your $100 US bracelet to your $6,000 watch head. Sounds like a plan, or something.

Edited May 31, 2021
    3rdstringholder likes this.