Forums Latest Members

Uncle Seiko Omega bracelet on 41mm 8900 Aqua Terra?

1. Rice & Gravy May 5, 2021

Has anyone tried the 1171 Uncle Seiko bracelets for Omegas on the newer Aqua Terras? I am guessing only the 1171 would be an option due to the tabs being bendable to fit. Anyone have an experience doing this?

If so, a picture and a comment on how easy/difficult it is to fit the endlinks would be appreciated.

magicbadger likes this.
  2. Rice & Gravy May 5, 2021

I think that the difference in the various Seamaster cases that prevents swapping bracelets from one to another is the lug hole placement in relation to the case, and due to solid endlinks they can be fitted correctly. The hollow links on the Uncle Seiko bracelet for Seamasters and the bendable tabs should allow for compatibility, I would think?? I think I may give it a shot unless someone can tell me it won't work properly.

magicbadger likes this.
  3. G4_Chrono May 5, 2021

Hi

I don't have a Seamaster but I have the Uncle Seiko 1171 and Forstner 1035 Flat Link for my Speedmaster.

The Uncle Seiko has hollow links which are bendable - on another forum Uncle mentioned how others are able to manipulate the End links for other Omega models.

The Forstner are solid link so would be a problem if not already a perfect fit to the Seamaster.

I think @Spikedlee had a photo a Seamaster with the flat link bracelet?

4. Nactex May 9, 2021

I have an Uncle Seiko flat link on my PO 42mm. It was a tussle to get it on but once on, it looks and feels great. PO 2500 42mm4.jpg PO 2500 42mm3.jpg

5. magicbadger May 13, 2021

What do you mean by 'it was a tussle'? Did you need to do anything in particular to make it fit or was it just awkward getting the spring bar in the holes?

6. Nactex May 13, 2021

It was just hard to get the spring bars into the holes. Once secured, the bracelet performed great, no problems. I do check, every so often,to make sure no pins sneak out.

magicbadger likes this.