Uncle Seiko 1171

The US 1171 is about the same level of quality as the original or even better. That is to say they are both disappointingly 1970s in feel. I doubt you'll be impressed with any 1171 after the 1998 bracelet (if I've got that right). The 1171 is rattly and cheap feeling vs the rather more solid 1998 but YMMV. Maybe have a look at some of the other US offerings, those are more substantial.

Like 2
I bought an US1171 for my Speedy and was disappointed with it. It’s a decent bracelet (specifically for the price) but the quality of it compared to the watch it was strapping to my wrist just felt lacking.

So, I bought the modern OEM 1171 for ~$450usd in hopes it would at least feel a little better. Right out of the omega packaging I was disappointed with it. It felt exactly like the US bracelet in just about every way. It seemed like the biggest and only difference between the two was the Omega signed clasp.

If you’re set on the US1171, save yourself money and just buy that one. However, there are better bracelet options out there in both aftermarket and OEM. It just depends on how much you are willing to spend.

For what it’s worth, I’ve had the Forstners 1450 w/milled clasp on my speedy for over a year and have been happy with it.

Like 3
I, for one, like the rattly, jangly vintage vibes of some of these bracelets. I haven't tried the US or OEM 1171, but I have a Fosterner flat link on my Speedy most of the time. While the more recent bracelets are more substantial, they also feel a little overbuilt and clunky to me.

I agree with the posts above that some of the US and Forstner bracelets have very good build quality for the money if you want to look at other models. I've got several from both companies and I've been very happy with everything so far.

Like 1
I, for one, like the rattly, jangly vintage vibes of some of these bracelets.
I love a good vintage bracelet. Comparing the US 1171 vs OEM 1171, I will always choose the OEM vintage 1171 :thumbsup: The jangly qualities feel at home on that bracelet haha.

Like 2
I bought an US1171 for my Speedy and was disappointed with it. It’s a decent bracelet (specifically for the price) but the quality of it compared to the watch it was strapping to my wrist just felt lacking.

So, I bought the modern OEM 1171 for ~$450usd in hopes it would at least feel a little better. Right out of the omega packaging I was disappointed with it. It felt exactly like the US bracelet in just about every way. It seemed like the biggest and only difference between the two was the Omega signed clasp.

If you’re set on the US1171, save yourself money and just buy that one. However, there are better bracelet options out there in both aftermarket and OEM. It just depends on how much you are willing to spend.

For what it’s worth, I’ve had the Forstners 1450 w/milled clasp on my speedy for over a year and have been happy with it.

That's good to know about the OEM version. After this feedback I'm looking more closely at the 1450. I used US more in the past than Forstner but I see both of them have a version of the 1450

Does yours have those "stretchy links"? How's your experience with them?

Does yours have those "stretchy links"? How's your experience with them?
My Forstner 1450 does not have stretchy links. If you read through this thread you’ll see people were reporting the stretch links kept failing. I believe as a result, Forstners no longer offer this bracelet with stretch links. I’m not a fan of the stretch links, so if the Forstners 1450 was only available with them, I would have purchased the bracelet from US.

For the price points, US & Forstners both have good offerings. Their quality is on par with each other, so I won’t project any bias on one over the other. As I said in an earlier message, it just comes down to how much you want to spend. You might be able to save with US, specially if you find his 10% discount code.

I haven’t owned the US1450, but from what I understand, it and the Forstners version are pretty similar. I think it just comes down to small cosmetic differences. That said, my experience with the Forstner 1450 has been nice. It has a solid build to it. The solid endlinks and milled clasp add a nice comfortable weight to it. With the many micro adjust holes, it’s a very comfortable bracelet. But again, the US version is built identically. :thumbsup:

IMG_9126.jpeg

Like 2
I purchased a NIB OEM 1171 for $350 about a year ago. I figured for the price I could take a chance and try the real thing. While I loved the look, I couldn’t believe it was an OEM bracelet. Sold it a few days later.

Like 1
Thanks, this was helpful in deciding not to bother with the OEM 1171.

I checked out the 1450 for Forstner and compared it to Uncle Seiko. The Uncle Seiko is somewhat cheaper (especially with a discount code), comes with options of pressure clasp or push button clasp (push button is extra), removable links are secured with pins. I think the Forstner's higher price is justified as it comes with screwed links and the push button clasp is standard. Looking at the pictures, the clasp is narrower on the Uncle Seiko and that along with the lower price ultimately led me to go with US. I'll post a follow up once I have it

Like 2
Im glad you found a bracelet and price (it’s helpful with those little discount incentives :thumbsup:) that you like. Look forward to follow up photos! It’s worth noting that both US & Forstners are members on here and both have wonderful customer service.

Like 1
I have a US 1450 with the pressure clasp and wear it frequently on my green SMP. Excellent look and feel. I'd only say the finish is slightly different, perhaps not as fine, as the SMP. It's not distractingly or unattractively so, just something you may notice, but I think that's often, or at least can be, the case with non-original, manufacture made bracelets in general. Lack of quality isn't an issue with my US 1450, at all.

I have a Forstner Contemporary Flat Link that I also wear on my green SMP. It it slightly heavier than the standard Forstner flat link overall. It doesn't have any spring links but unfortunately only came with the milled, two-pushbutton clasp. The clasp, while very nice, isn't what I wanted so I converted it to a plain, old pressure clasp. It looks great on my SMP and is made quite well.

I also have a US 1035 that I've used with a Speedmaster and SM300. Quality isn't an issue but my only gripe is that since it's actually a 1035 and not a 1039, the first link after the end-link is 18mm wide. That means when it's used the 1039 "configuration" there is a more aggressive step-down from the 20mm 1039 end-link to the first 18mm link. In my mind, the better design consideration would been to make the first link 19mm wide and that it would work and look better. Maybe, maybe not. It's still a good bracelet.

I've considered buying a Forstner 1450 to gauge the true difference between identical bracelets from the two companies but then I'd probably have to go through the hassle of selling one. I'm also not looking forward to modifying another Forstner bracelet to a pressure clasp. They don't sell their own so I ended up buying an expensive Omega clasp assembly.

Like 1