Forums Latest Members

Unbelievable (good) sale by Toishome

1. Seven May 17, 2020

I'm a first time vintage watch buyer and interacted with two sellers. The difference says it all.

Seller 1: "Hey this is an amazing watch, it's going to double in value in no time, you've got to buy it, it's an amazing piece". I now know enough to understand that it wasn't an amazing piece.

Seller 2 (Toishome): "So take your time, I suggest you check out the forum, ask questions, post photos of this specific watch, the one I'm selling, ask people for criticism and make sure you know what you're getting into first. Maybe I should send it out for servicing and inspection before you buy it, just to make sure you're not buying into a problem, don't you think?'

It was like being coached. He even wore the watch for a couple of days to make sure the automatic aspect of the movement was functioning properly.

I can't say enough positive things about him. Oh yeah, and at the last minute I asked if I could buy a box from him, I had one in mind, and when we met he had brought a different box - one that is far better suited to the watch - and wouldn't take any money for it. Unbelievable. There's so much trust in buying these things and he earns that trust.

Toishome, Kiwibloke and timecube like this.