Ugly Redial, High Auction Price

Posts
282
Likes
396
Here is a recent eBay auction item that sold for $780 + $10 shipping, with 80 bids! The seller (located in the U.S.) duly noted that it is a likely redial. Wow, there is a pretty undiscriminating pool of vintage watch buyers out there!
 
Posts
3,650
Likes
24,733
Here is a recent eBay auction item that sold for $780 + $10 shipping, with 80 bids! The seller (located in the U.S.) duly noted that it is a likely redial. Wow, there is a pretty undiscriminating pool of vintage watch buyers out there!

And to think, I was looking forward to prices cooling off this year.
 
Posts
9,208
Likes
76,739
Here is a recent eBay auction item that sold for $780 + $10 shipping, with 80 bids! The seller (located in the U.S.) duly noted that it is a likely redial. Wow, there is a pretty undiscriminating pool of vintage watch buyers out there!

Did the bidding section list the bidders or were they all ‘private’?
 
Posts
2,677
Likes
3,151
eBay is a nightmare right now, shill bidding everywhere, people bid on things and don't buy, buyers just try to scam sellers at every corner

This was likely a fishing attempt, maybe the seller was looking for a drunk buyer
 
Posts
9,208
Likes
76,739
eBay is a nightmare right now, shill bidding everywhere, people bid on things and don't buy, buyers just try to scam sellers at every corner

This was likely a fishing attempt, maybe the seller was looking for a drunk buyer

Thank goodness I’d blown my £73 on that Sportsmatic the night before!!! 😲
 
Posts
9,208
Likes
76,739
…., and it’s sold as a ‘professionally refinished dial’!
 
Posts
358
Likes
608
…., and it’s sold as a ‘professionally refinished dial’!
But which profession?

Amazing one could pose it as a “likely” redial when none of the omega logo, nor any of ‘Omega’, ‘Automatic’ or ‘Seamaster’ are centred. Omega’s quality control must be slipping.
Where are these saps (the bidders) when I’m trying to sell a decent Montblanc chronograph? Bizarre!
 
Posts
282
Likes
396
A "professional" painter maybe, since the text appears to be hand painted on! ☕
 
Posts
9,208
Likes
76,739
….. and 'no returns'!!!
 
Posts
694
Likes
839
Where are these saps (the bidders) when I’m trying to sell a decent Montblanc chronograph? Bizarre!

Try relisting your Montblanc chronograph with "professionally finished dial" in the title. Who knows, maybe that's what those weird bidders are searching for!
 
Posts
358
Likes
608
Try relisting your Montblanc chronograph with "professionally finished dial" in the title. Who knows, maybe that's what those weird bidders are searching for!
What about “authentic unfinished dial, prepared by factory-authorised montblanc specialist, only worn August 8 each year”?

too much?
 
Posts
10,742
Likes
16,729
It’ll likely be relished in a week or two from now. I’ve given up trying to fathom how eBay works.
 
Posts
37
Likes
71
It’ll likely be relished in a week or two from now. I’ve given up trying to fathom how eBay works.
And I don't think it is the first time up for this one. Pretty sure I have seen it before.