Forums Latest Members

UG Polerouter; Run away or snag it?

1. sdre Jul 16, 2017

Saw this post on watchuseek for 3 weeks running... and still unsold.

Going for cheap too. 450 usd

Thoughts?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. AveConscientia Jul 16, 2017

Do you like it?

valjoux72 and Jonatan like this.
  3. R3D9 Jul 16, 2017

It's definitely cheap, but that dial is not singing to me. Comes down to personal preference, I suppose. For another $500 you can probably find yourself a lovely watch.

4. jumpingsecond Jul 16, 2017

Not an expert on these but I've been looking at them more and more lately. Even if you somehow get past the redial this one looks like it could be a project with the movement so add a service/ possible overhaul cost onto it.
    If me - I'd keep looking.

Also if any polerouter connoisseurs are on please correct me. The logo/lettering looks off to me which is why I feel it's refinished.

5. sdre Jul 16, 2017

I've been looking for a nice UG Polerouter.... hoping someone on this forums will sell it to me haha :)

Otherwise, i'll just keep looking. Yeah probably need to service it and that might go up even more cause of the lack of parts especially in Singapore.

6. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jul 16, 2017

Better ones out there.

sdre likes this.
  7. Beepos Jul 16, 2017

The patina would be ok, attractive even maybe if it were even. But now its nor my cup of tea

A wise member here once told me to wait for the best example possible. This especially applies to polerouters, which aren't particularily uncommon-wait a few months and you'll get a much better example

ConElPueblo and sdre like this.
  8. Jonatan Jul 16, 2017

You'll like it for a few weeks and end up selling it soon after.

9. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jul 17, 2017

I remember this very same watch being up for sale over in the MWR forum a while back, no idea if it's the same seller but if you're able to search there you may be able to find it.

The dial would be too unpleasant for me personally but each to their own. Good luck.

sdre likes this.
  10. sdre Jul 17, 2017

Thanks mate. I can afford to wait for a good one. Thanks to you guys and your advice =)

11. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Jul 17, 2017

$450 is not cheap for what you've got there.

STANDY likes this.
  12. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jul 17, 2017

Not convinced this is a redial. However, the uneven patina and what looks to be potential issues with the movement would give me pause, even at the reasonable listed price.

I would pass on this one and be patient.
    gatorcpa

sdre likes this.
  13. Severin Jul 17, 2017

I once faced a similar situation (excited by a potential first Polerouter, but in poor condition and overpriced); feels like a very long time ago, but it wasn't, really. The wonderful folks on this forum gave me very similar advice: they were right - a better example appeared at a better price. I'm very glad I took the good advice, my excitement for the dud notwithstanding. Thank you, OF!

sdre and Giff2577 like this.
  14. sdre Jul 17, 2017

Agreed!

I just bought a Omega constellation and its on its way! I can't wait to share it with the folks here :)

Severin likes this.
  15. sjg22 Jul 17, 2017

Congrats! Patience is very much a virtue in this hobby!

sdre likes this.