Forums Latest Members

UG Polerouter Date 869111/04 crown

1. Mafkees Mar 7, 2019

Hello guys,

I have owned this particular watch for a while now and I have now decided to intensify the search for an original crown and crystal to this watch. It is a Polerouter Date with ref. 869111/04. I will add a picture because we all like watches at the end of the day :D
    upload_2019-3-8_1-27-27.png

I have done hours of research but I was not able to find the part numbers or even the dimensions for the original parts to this particular case. I am very much hoping for your assistance in this matter so I'll at least have an idea of what specific part I should buy. There is the occasional item which pops up on eBay but even if I see it in time, I have no way of telling if it's a match.

To make matters worse, I have no way of visually comparing crown logos since reference photos focus on the dial. Examples:
    https://universalgenevepolerouter.com/referencegallery/
    http://polerouter.de/frameset-sammlung.htm

I did stumble across this OF listing from a while back which does feature a 'crown shot'. This is in fact an 869111/02.
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/universal-genève-polerouter-869111-02.65402/

There is a listing of a UG crown on eBay right now. I will add a snapshot but no link because I don't want to seem like I am advertising. This crown does not match the one in the aforementioned OF listing but then again I have no way of telling if that one was correct.
    upload_2019-3-8_1-23-8.png

upload_2019-3-8_1-31-41.png

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope somebody will be able to help me out.

thelinendial likes this.
  2. Mazoue Mar 8, 2019

The case and the crown is the same for all 869111 references. The /04 is a sort of sub-reference and relates to the slate black dial on your watch. The /01 has a black dial and the /02 a silver dial.

As noted in the reference table on the Polerouter reference website you refer to above, the 869111 has a "small flat crown".

The example in the sales forum you linked to is correct.

I have an 869111/02 at my watchmaker and can confirm the crown dimensions when I get it back.

The crown pictured above does not look correct. I've not looked at the eBay listing but it looks too thin relative to its diameter.

thelinendial and Mafkees like this.
  3. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Mar 8, 2019

Lovely watch.
    I have been thinking about this for my own Polerouter which I believe also has the wrong crown but is 18k version. From the examples I have seen I agree that the crown in your picture looks too thin.

I don't think the Trapezoidal cyclops crystals (if that is the right one for this reference??)are easy to find either by the way. Good luck

Mafkees likes this.
  4. gop76 Mar 8, 2019

The crown you're showing will not fit: has no space for the case tube

You'll need a crown with 4/4,5mm diameter, 0,90mm stem hole and 2,5mm for the case tube.

According to the original crystal with the trapezoidal loupe maybe @CafeRacer can help...

Mafkees, MarktheTime and Gav1967 like this.
  5. Mafkees Mar 8, 2019

Thank you. I will make sure to save that pic.
    Thank you for the compliment. I agree the crown looks off. As does the logo on it, compared to the one in the listing @Mazoue confirmed being correct.
    Thank you!! That is very useful information.

Mark020 likes this.
  6. Mafkees Mar 8, 2019

Are the 204610 parts interchangeable with an 869111 case and parts to your knowledge? It both shows as 'small flat crown' so surely all dimensions are equal?
    upload_2019-3-8_17-6-3.png
    upload_2019-3-8_17-6-14.png

7. CafeRacer Mar 8, 2019

No, they take different crowns - that column is more descriptive than definitive, though in retrospect I should come up with a better description for them both before the polerouter crown dimensions are finalised.
    Try google image searching for 10+ examples of 869111 and you will see the crown you need.
    It is 4.4-4.5mm diameter as gop76 described, with the "shield" style logo, very similar in size and style to the 20355 Jet style crown.

Mafkees likes this.
  8. CafeRacer Mar 8, 2019

Additionally, the 869111 has a (possibly) unique case (as far as polerouter refs are concerned).
    They are not interchangeable with any other reference that I know of.

Mafkees likes this.
  9. Mafkees Mar 8, 2019

Thank you for confirming the crown type. This will help greatly in my search.
    Thank you very much!