Forums Latest Members
  1. bgrisso Sep 3, 2019

I have amassed quite a few UG parts over the past few years. I'm not sure what to do with them all. The most profitable approach would be to sell everything individually, and also the most work. I guess could also try listing them as one lot on ebay.

It's a fair amount of time only, and some ladies time only, but still quite a bit of nice cases, dials, etc.

Anyone have any experience getting rid of bigger parts lots, any suggestions?

thx
    Ben

P1020411_adj.jpg P1020412_adj.jpg P1020413_adj.jpg P1020414_adj.jpg
    Als 27, tantovincoio, 10H10 and 6 others like this.
  2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Sep 3, 2019

Only other viable alternative I see would be to sell it here. The are several watchmakers who are members. If they need something for a particular job, they might make you an offer for the lot.

Regardless of what you say in the listing on any venue, you will get some offers for specific pieces.
    gatorcpa

Als 27, DaveK, bgrisso and 1 other person like this.
  3. bgrisso Sep 3, 2019

As I understand it, you can't sell parts here, just one part per listing ?

4. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Sep 3, 2019

Why do you think so?

5. wristpirate Sep 3, 2019

I'd say your best bet is to start a thread asking what to do and then watch the PM's roll in :D

Selling them all as one lot will give you the least value and most to the buyer. Depends on what the parts are worth individually. I'd be tempted to pick out the juiciest parts and sell those separately and the rest as a bulk lot.

Als 27, Mafkees and bgrisso like this.
  6. Carlton-Browne Sep 3, 2019

I think you've done the right thing already. I think this place in need of some sort of swap shop - I'm sure we've all got projects on the go and it wouldn't surprise me if I have something somebody else needs and vice versa. I realise it's a fine line between mutual back-scratching and dealing but something like this would be really useful.

In your situation, my own inclination would be to let the odd piece go to deserving causes/established members as you never know when you might need something yourself. I wouldn't sell a bulk lot.

10H10, DManzaluni, DaveK and 3 others like this.
  7. Carlton-Browne Sep 3, 2019

This is my latest spares arrival - I'm hoping it will keep my Golden Shadow running for some time to come.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Syrte, yala, filmir and 8 others like this.
  8. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Sep 3, 2019

+1 on a swap shop.

DManzaluni and bgrisso like this.
  9. bgrisso Sep 3, 2019

I can’t remember, I thought I read it or someone told me that, am I wrong ?

10. Woops Sep 4, 2019

There is definitely a deep seam of UG parts stashed by some members here. In the past I have been astonished at what my own speculative PM enquiries have unearthed.

A swap system would be great. Like many here I have become an accidental collector of parts and spares and would love them to go to a good home, especially if I got to finish projects in return.

11. Vitezi Sep 4, 2019

How about a Swap Thread sticky in the UG forum?
    I think I have seen something similar on vintage car forums.

The first post would set up some simple rules, such as "one post per member" to keep the thread from getting too long. Each member would edit/update their own post as they (a) add/delete parts they have available for swap, and (b) add/remove parts they are looking for.

Another rule might be "text-only" posts, again to keep the thread from getting too long. Want a picture or description of the part? PM the poster...

Then you'd need an example of a simple part listing methodology so the thread could be searchable:
    Part name; quantity available; UG part number (if known), UG caliber number (if known).

Lucasssssss and CafeRacer like this.
  12. CafeRacer Sep 4, 2019

I like the idea of this, but listing individual parts would take a ridiculous amount of time for me.
    I have mainly NOS calibers 215/218/69 microtor parts, caliber 138ss bumper auto parts, caliber 24/25 parts and polerouter/polerouter date plexis. (if that is descriptive enough).

10H10 and MoclovFlop like this.
  13. MoclovFlop Do the Electric Boogaloo. Sep 4, 2019

This would be a great idea for the more specialty parts someone might have. For example, I have a decent amount of electro-mechanical watch spares, and that alone could be a resource for someone looking to finish their UG Polerouter electric. But also for someone not just looking for UG parts.

14. squarelug Sep 4, 2019

That is the motherload right there!

15. Jonatan Sep 17, 2019

I've also got quite a bit of parts I should part with... another vote for the swap shop.

sdre likes this.
  16. sdre Sep 17, 2019

i know its a long shot, but i i need a cal-69 (interface ratchet winding gear)... wondering if anyone has one?

@CafeRacer ??

Wrong thread to bump in but i been trying to look for this.

17. bgrisso Sep 17, 2019

not me......

18. CafeRacer Sep 18, 2019

Send me a photo of exactly what you need and ill check.

sdre likes this.
  19. Carlton-Browne Dec 31, 2019

More spares - this time for Unisonics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Als 27, 10H10, yala and 11 others like this.
  20. Carlton-Browne Feb 1, 2020

Als 27, ekel, Jonatan and 5 others like this.