Forums Latest Members
  1. billving Jun 13, 2016

I just keep finding ones that I like, but I am very sensitive about all of the issues with all of these. Any thoughts?

UG compax 1.jpg UG compax 2.jpg UG compax 3.jpg UG Compax 4.jpg

2. ELV web Jun 13, 2016

3. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Jun 13, 2016

@ELV web is correct in saying that the dial is from the 50's while the case serial dates this watch to '44. However, I will say that the watch is in great condition overall with minimal polish although there is some metal corrosion on the underside of the lugs from perspiration, I would guess. I suspect - from the fact that the watch has all of the correct parts except for the dial - that the replacement dial and hands (I presume) were done by a UG service center in the 50's which is much preferable to a service center redial, a common practice done during that time. However, there are alternative possibilities as well. With the growing interest in UG watches, I've noticed a proliferation of "nos" parts surfacing which accounts for some of the frankens seen in the interwebs recently. It could also simply be that the caseback is a period incorrect replacement, but that is the least likely possibility imo. There are many factors to consider in collecting UG watches, and prospective buyers have to decide if those factors matter to them or not. But I always prefer all-original examples, and there are many such examples still out there.

4. billving Jun 13, 2016

Thanks for the responses and help