Forums Latest Members

UG B-Uhr with stop hand: missed out on 2 in one week

1. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Jan 30, 2019

Missed out on 2, within 1 week! Both were advertised on a local website.

First one descibed as a Dugena. Seller could not open it. He was selling on behalf of his grandfather who thought the movement was replaced with a Junghans one. Seller was 2 hours away from me so I was a bit on the fence. In the meantime somebody came by and managed to open the case and confirmed it was the original movement. Based on Knirim I think it was a Universal with replaced hands. Weird red hand you think?

[​IMG]

Fast forward 2 days. Another ad. Lot of junk but in the upper corner of 1 picture something I recognised :). Unfortunately (again) somebody else had seen it as well and it was already sold. But: again that weird red hand. Based on Knirim I think this was the Universal version as well...

[​IMG]

For reference:
    [​IMG]

2. Diabolik Jan 30, 2019

very interesting chronographs with good heritage and history ...

3. Jonatan Jan 30, 2019

Oh wow. I know nothing about these. Can you elaborate a bit more?

4. w154 Jan 31, 2019

I’m a bit confused by this, not because I know anything but rather by what I thought I knew. Anyway, what leads you to believe they’re UG versions? The UG in Knirim seems have a partial lume 12 and 6 just above and below the subdials. The other two don’t, and I think your two example don’t either.

5. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Jan 31, 2019

Interesting point. I agree that there is no 100% match with either of the 3. I may be a completely different one/brand.

6. w154 Jan 31, 2019

Are you thinking they were issued, or just civilian versions of he ones in Knirim ? Any issue marks on the casebacks, or signs of marks removed ?

7. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Jan 31, 2019

Good question. The first one had no marlingen but (bad pic) something may have been removed