Typical Power Reserve 321 Ed White

The paper spec is rated at 55 hours. I have one fully wound still running at 59 hours and counting. Is this typical or what is the maximum power reserve and does it goes down with wear and tear? Thanks

Like 1
Yes. Omega watches last a bit longer than advertised. The power reserve might drop a bit over the years with wear a tear on some parts of the movement, but I don’t know how soon you will start noticing it and by how much it drops.

If you service it every 5-10 years as Omega suggests I doubt you will find the drop off bothersome, if at all noticeable.

Like 2
The paper spec is rated at 55 hours. I have one fully wound still running at 59 hours and counting. Is this typical or what is the maximum power reserve and does it goes down with wear and tear? Thanks

It is possible the specification of 55 hours considers factors like amplitude, etc. and is not just a measure of full wind to when the watch stops running. They probably consider the 55 hours of performing within spec from a full wind.

Mine consistently will run +/- 62 hours. It's really immaterial, you should wind it every 24 hours.

It is possible the specification of 55 hours considers factors like amplitude, etc. and is not just a measure of full wind to when the watch stops running. They probably consider the 55 hours of performing within spec from a full wind.

No, it’s to when the watch stops. But as already noted, the power reserve is often understated. This happens across all brands generally, not just Omega.

Like 1