Forums Latest Members

Two vintage Seamaster's to the collection 354 & 613

1. sidmind Sep 15, 2013

As I mentioned in a thread from last weekend, I picked these two as promised and got them for a great deal at a local market, I am very excited.

The 354 movement I found in the database http://www.omegawatches.com/spirit/history/vintage-omegas/vintage-watches-database?ref=14718
    And although it does run, very intermittent, I have been wearing it all day tapping when it stops, hopefully it's just dried up oil that I can get loosened up or some dust in the gears.
    I was surprised the dial looked so good underneath after some polish, The movement looks very clean inside and no signs of rust or corrosion.

The other is a 613 movement but I need help finding it in the database, if someone could help me it would be much appreciated, one of the photos has all the numbers I could pull from inside, and nothing is showing up. it is running better than the other one but seems to be a little slow, about 5-10 minutes per hour. It cleaned up very nice with some jewelry polish with no deep scratches other than engraving on the back :)

I hope you enjoy the photos, if I could get some help with the identification on the 613 that would be great.

IMG_0449.jpg IMG_0450.jpg IMG_0451.jpg IMG_0452.jpg IMG_0453.jpg IMG_0454.jpg IMG_0455.jpg IMG_0456.jpg
  2. ulackfocus Sep 15, 2013

Push the flower button on the camera to allow close-up focus.

3. sidmind Sep 15, 2013

It's my iPhone. I left my real camera at work, I will re-take them tomorrow and replace these photos.

4. pknopp Sep 15, 2013

Nice buys. I really like the 354. Get a crystal and serviced and you'll have a really nice watch.

5. ulackfocus Sep 15, 2013

Oh, okay.

Hey, here's one of those questions like the 'driving on a parkway, parking on a driveway':

If you share pictures from your iPhone with a bunch of people, does that make it a wePhone?

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 15, 2013

Only if you're driving on a parkway in Scotland :p

::rimshot::

7. CdnWatchDoc Sep 15, 2013

Or if you are sharing in Quebec...OuiPhone...

SpikiSpikester and Archer like this.
  8. sidmind Sep 24, 2013

I wanted to give an update on the 354, I ordered a GS high dome crystal based on the recomendation from Esslinger, after getting it on last night I quickly see that the high dome is not what I need. the photos don't show what I see while holding it, but the dial looks 'dome' as well when looking at it from different angles. but that is ok, it was only $4 and is a learning experience for me. I have ful intentian of ordering an OEM when funds are avialable.

Photos from iPhone sorry I know I need to get the light tent out and use a real camera. :)

IMG_0477.JPG IMG_0478.JPG IMG_0484.JPG
  9. SeanO Sep 24, 2013

that looks much better with the new crystal. the dial looks in pretty good shape actually.

:thumbsup: