Forums Latest Members
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pIoNeErOfThEnILe May 22, 2020

you hit a home run with the case missing under/around the one pusher. the dial pic discrepancy is not good as well.

why would you even keep the watch?. then after a drawn out process you let HIM sell the same watch you paid 16k for for 8k?

2. bgrisso May 22, 2020

What are you suggesting, that I somehow force Andre to refund the watch when he refused to do so?

I decided to grit my teeth and accept the $8K because it was the only offer I had, after a very long time of trying to sell it. I really needed the money.

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 22, 2020

And nothing was implied that it was a short time after. It would be nice if you didn't jump to conclusions...

mayankyadav and shishy like this.
  4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 22, 2020

Well “dude” you were the one that brought it up. Maybe you should focus on the matter at hand...

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 22, 2020

All I’m asking is that you don’t jump to conclusions. Please stop this and let the posts with the details continue without implying things that aren’t there...

6. bgrisso May 22, 2020

How have you determined the UG Spillman Compur 30 is worth $7.5K USD. I don't know it's value personally, I'm just not clear how you are coming up with this number?

7. bgrisso May 22, 2020

This information was provided to the mods @Bill Sohne @cicindela @dsio @kyle L @LouS

It will not be posted into this thread nor shared, at this persons request. However the above mods can confirm I have provided this information, as well as the offer to provide further verification.

mayankyadav likes this.
  8. bgrisso May 22, 2020

If you follow the link to my sales thread that you have posted yourself, you can see very clearly I was not asking $6300

I simply mentioned there was another example for sale on C24 with an asking price of $6300, in not as good condition.

You are not making any sense or even reading what you posting.

Magno16 likes this.
  9. bgrisso May 22, 2020

You sold me the other Spillman at $8k, and then asked me dozens of times to sell it back to you because you regretted it. I was doing you a favor to return back to you, since I know how much you liked, even though I prefer it myself, and definitely prefer it over the UG Spillman. I wish I had never returned it back to you, and avoided this entire affair.

It was returned back to you at exactly the same price you sold it to me ($8K USD).

I can post the financial transactions if you wish.

View attachment 993895

Lastly you can see in this screen shot from convo on Whatsapp, where you are selling me the GP Tri, in appreciation for being such a good mate and returning the Anon to you.

Please stop, I can't afford any more favors from you from the rest of my life!

Screen-3B.jpg

Edited Jun 13, 2020
  10. bgrisso May 22, 2020

I hope I have provided enough documentation to make my point. It took my entire evening last night, and half a day today, digging back though the past two years of messages and reliving this painful episode.

I did not create this thread to argue with Andre, I've spent the last two years doing that, it's a completely waste of time. All he does is try to gaslight you and tell you up is down and left is right.

One of the countless solutions I offered to Andre a long time ago, was I would consider this entire matter amicably resolved if he would simply take one watch back, and I would eat the loss on the other watch. I think that was extremely generous and beyond fair. I wish he had taken me up on it. Instead he has refused to pony up 1 cent. The one thing he did do (flip the GP Tri at $8K loss to me), was make another $1K profit for himself in the process.

If some factual documentation is provided that shows I've made a mistake in my reporting, etc, I will obviously do my best to respond to that. Aside from that, I really don't care what Andre comes back with, I'm not interested in a debate.

I didn't create this thread for him, I created it for all the rest of you. Of course, if all the rest of you have something to say, I will listen.

The last thing I want to say about this, and then I will shut up for a while and try to take a break from the computer, is that if the situation had been reversed, and I sold these two watches to Andre and he had any issue or complaint, BOOM, those watches would have been returned and a full refund given ASAP. That's how I operate, and that's what I think is right. It's not worth it to gain a few bucks, or even a lot of $$, by screwing people over. That's bad karma, and as far as I'm concerned, that sh%$ sticks to you for life.

Peace

mayankyadav, sdre, michael e and 5 others like this.
  11. amcclell May 23, 2020

Bgrisso, This is quite a story and although I have no relationship with either party, I'll disclose upfront that I purchased a 1940's 30T2 from Andre that I am very happy with. The price was fair and the condition was reflected by the photos. I sincerely feel for you and although the law is not likely going to be on your side in this situation, your trust in Andre's valuation of the pieces he sold you enabled him to set the prices at points that worked for him. The text messages that you shared demonstrate a "wheeling and dealing" nature that only reinforces the principle of caveat emptor. That you further trusted him to try to recoup your initial investments, may have even allowed him the opportunity to further profit from transactions with you. Whether that indeed happened, is neither here nor there. You sound like an honest person and a very good friend to have but unfortunately this situation has taught us all that we need to exercise discernment in all of our transactions - even with those whom we trust. I tend to be a suspicious person by nature, but I have a brother who is incredibly generous, and that is what I love the most about him. He would give me his last dollar, if I told him that I really needed it and I have watched him get taken advantage of so many times over the years. He is still trusting, and generous but slightly more cautious now. Thank you for sharing this difficult lesson with us; I hope that you have learned from it and are able to move on. The money that you have lost is gone for good but the ongoing anger, resentment and bitterness is a far greater cost.

michael e, cchen, BenBagbag and 6 others like this.
  12. bgrisso May 23, 2020

I understand. I hear you.

13. bgrisso May 23, 2020

Maybe I am an eternal optimist, but it's never too late to do the right thing......

@Dre if you still want to try and resolve this whole thing somehow, I am open to discuss options.

Obviously the best outcome for both of us, and the forum at large, would be some kind of resolution.

14. bgrisso May 24, 2020

Well I guess nothing has changed. You can see Andre started another feedback thread, continuing to blame me for this whole thing, I guess saying that I'm a horrible buyer for giving him so much money :rolleyes:

Instead of responding to anything of substance in the huge amount of documentation that has been provided here..........

I hope everyone is getting a really clear picture on things at this point..........

mayankyadav likes this.
  15. DeepBlue May 25, 2020

What a read this was.. Really sorry to hear this story and that you lost a lot of money and trust.

It really puzzles me though how you can buy such an expensive watch you don't even particularly fancy and without doing mayor investigating pricewise, just to help a 'watch-friend' get funds for a watch he wants to buy.
    Especially when your financial situation does not really allow it as you say.

tomvox1, oinkitt and Mark020 like this.
  16. Dre May 25, 2020

Wow, no email notifications on this thread and I’ve just opened OF today. Well I’m going to have to do a deep dive to our convo as well if were to continue this circus.

Clearly you’re doing this to get all the attention in forcing me to deal with you again after saying that you don’t want to do anything with me. It’s funny how you keep changing your mind every few months.

I can agree with the best outcome for both of us, but I think there’s gotta be a mediator and someone else presents in our convo from now on, because you’re just simply slandering me privately to others and using my inactiveness in OF in your favour.

Did you even see the date when the feedback thread was posted?

ps. Ben I sent you photos of the condition of the watches, including the Spillman Compur with that dial condition. As well as the photos on the other watches. If it were to my mistake by not sending you more photos on the things that you nitpick after years, it was your mistake too on not asking for them. When I listed a watch for sale, I might’ve only taken a few photos and short description in a hurry, but I can say this honestly, that I did not lie nor intend to in regards to the condition when selling a watch, I wouldn’t risk such a thing, not back then, not now. I’ve informed the mods to once again to review our convos, especially while I haven’t got as much time doing it properly at the moment.

Edited May 25, 2020
  17. Dre May 25, 2020

This is just funny, selling you 4 watches at such bargain prices was a mistake too?

UG Polerouter broad arrow for no less than $2,5k
    832C9507-0844-4140-9590-B2BABEFE59BE.jpeg

UG Polerouter Date with Round Cylop for around $1k, which you have resold below,
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/ug-polerouter-date-cyclop.92355/

UG Uni-Compax steel for also less than $2,5k, I couldn’t find the photo with my quick search and won’t bother. Traded in person, in front of other collectors.
    edit: found the Uni-Compax
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/when-3-guys-from-of-met-tokyo-pic-heavy.59443/

Angelus Datalarm sold to you for around $600 if I’m not mistaken? Which you already sold it below,
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/angelus-datalarm.91635/

I’m sure I can find someone to passed on the two watches back that I sold you even if I can’t afford to buy them back. So send me a PM so you don’t have to deal with those watches from anymore?

If you had something to say, you can simply say it to me. NOT ONE chat, pm, or email. Whatever it is that you are not happy for, you can’t even say it to me in person. You’re just riding on this thread for whatever reason, not even a keyboard warrior.

Edited May 30, 2020
  18. aap May 25, 2020

So, clarifying and commenting on @bgrisso's experience are not allowed? Did I say anything specific about MY experience with you?

mayankyadav likes this.
  19. Dre May 25, 2020

Sure mate ofcourse it’s your right if you’re simply commenting to Ben’s experience. But we both know that is just not the case, for whatever reason you got your beef with me. Oh, and this,

20. aap May 25, 2020

I don't want to get into it but that's my request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.