Forums Latest Members
  1. ricardorio May 1, 2015

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 1, 2015

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Very cool, and the lady they have on the counter is gorgeous too

3. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector May 1, 2015

"Very cool, and the lady they have on the counter is gorgeous too" and then I noticed the bookshelves ::love::

Stewart H likes this.
  4. calalum May 1, 2015

Looks small.

Is Messi going to visit?

5. peatnick May 1, 2015

Has Mrs. Alpha begun monitoring your internet use ?

6. Giff2577 Quick with the tools! May 1, 2015

Is that A Journey Through Time on the book self?! I'll take a copy! Does anyone recognize any other titles? I have the Omega Swiss army knife in the case...but I wish I had purchased it from her ;)

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 1, 2015

I'm actually wondering what the fountain pens are in the case in front...

One of the books is this one:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/book-omega-sportwatches-by-john-goldberger-on-sale-on-the-bay.24472/

Others are:

"The Master of Omega" - largely irrelevant now that Moonwatch Only has been released

"The Last Man On the Moon" - Gene Cernan, not read it but guessing interesting NASA history

"Omega Watches" - Goldberger, considered a below average book, has had many bad reviews mainly relating to its lack of detail and accuracy.

"Antiquorum's OmegaMania Auction Guide" - The auction later became famous for its rare watches, frankens, redials, and unfathomably high prices, many never to be repeated again.

"A Journey Through Time" - Though there are some redials in it and not everything can be treated as gospel still the most comprehensive book on Omega's entire history and range

"Omega Saga" - Written by Marco Richon, same author as AJTT, never seen it though

MWO & AJTT are probably the pick of the litter.

Giff2577 likes this.
  8. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter May 1, 2015

I wish I bought that Original Alaska but back in 2007 I didnt even know what a nice watch was

9. Giff2577 Quick with the tools! May 1, 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to list all of the books and their merit! I will have to hunt a few of them down for a decent price. Now how to plan a vacation around visiting the museum.

10. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude May 1, 2015

Another big book. Pretty sure this one only ever came out in French text.
    I've got a copy if you ever fancy a browse Ash.
    I've got too many books ahead of it in the queue and never seem to put aside the time for a good read. :oops:

11. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant May 2, 2015

yes, have that one as well. signed by john diethelm, head of international marketing then. and the "Father" of the research into vintage "irregularities" by Omega . ( Godfather is a bit tarnished from a different angle...) and it is in French. and I can not speak or read French. still an amazing source of facts. so, new museum..... travel arrangements should be made; personal guides asked for assistance. next time, I`m in Europe, it will happen. (a few of my former watches are waiting for me there anyway.) that is wonderful news, guys ! kind regards from down under. achim

12. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident May 2, 2015

I heard that they had to put all of the remaining AJTTs in a museum because Darren had bought so many they were counted as an endangered species.

13. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ May 27, 2015

I'm currently in Zurich which is only a quick train ride to Biel. So is it worth going? And if I do, any requests for photos?

14. repoman May 27, 2015

They look like they are the Apollo XI 40th Anniversary moon landing pens, given away initially at time of purchase of the watch. They are on Ebay pretty frequently and fetch around $175 - $200 USD.

[​IMG]

SpeedyPhill likes this.