Forums Latest Members

Tweaked Heuer Autavia to be announced later this year?

1. R3D9 Apr 4, 2017

An interesting little tidbit tucked into this Quill & Pad article about Eric Singer's favourite watches at Baselworld.

“Kiss Drummer And Watch Collector Eric Singer’s Baselworld 2017 Top 10” via @watchville
    https://api.watchville.co/v2/posts/27764/click

The interesting part for me was this comment:

"Singer loves the “Heritage” section of TAG Heuer’s modern offerings and was immediately smitten by the new Autavia, which was certainly eagerly awaited by fans of the brand.

A slightly differently styled version of this watch is due to be introduced a little later in the year, and that is actually the one that he prefers."

What could the tweaks they are referencing be? My wish would be to replace the GMT bezel with a countdown timer, which as someone who travels only infrequently, I find to be a much more useful complication.

Could they jettison the date wheel? Narrow the bezel? Different colours?

2. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Apr 4, 2017

Probably the Jack Heuer edition.

semper_shells likes this.
  3. R3D9 Apr 4, 2017

That was already announced and I wouldn't refer to it as slightly differently styled, but definitely possible.

4. jaspert Apr 5, 2017

I'm thinking the same but dreaming of them doing one with a thinner bezel.

5. BPD Apr 5, 2017

I'm on the fence on pulling the trigger with this watch. Reason? I want a ceramic bezel! So I'm praying to the gods for this to happen!