Forums Latest Members

SOLD Tudor Submariner Ref. 94110 "Blue Snowflake"

1. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Feb 15, 2020

Up for sale is a beautiful example of the reference 94110 Snowflake. The watch has a couple of issues (carefully described below and in all pictures), but presents a very attractive daily wearer for someone wanting to join the Snowflake club. See below for more info:

Dial: The blue dial on this Submariner is in good condition, with no bumps or dial rot and matching, very creamy patina on all of the plots. No loss of lume on any of the plots. The main reason why the watch is priced below market is due to a scratch on the far right edge of the dial, which likely happened when the watch was de-cased at some point in its life. As you can see from pictures, the scratch actually isn't really visible because the cyclops magnifier obscures it, but I have tried to capture it in two specific pictures.

Hands: Original "snowflake" hands are in good condition with original lume. I paid to have the snowflake hand stabilized before listing it for sale, as you'll notice a crack in the middle of the hand. It should present no issues for the future owner thanks to this. The seconds hand was replaced, as noted in service paperwork that the prior owner retained from the 1990's. I will include this paperwork with the watch.

Case: Case is in good shape, with signs of prior polishing but the case is still thick and the original sharp lines still present. I have included macro pictures of all lugs so please study the pictures. Caseback is correct and in good condition. Serial and reference engravings are clear and visible and there is no pitting or corrosion between the lugs.

Bezel: Blue fat font bezel is in fantastic condition and still retains its original lume pip, which has aged to the same shade as the dial and hands. The bezel transitions from deep blue to electric blue depending on the angle and complements the watch perfectly.

Functionality: The watch was last serviced in the 1990's and as such, I suggest a service by the next owner. That said, the watch keeps acceptable time and starts up after a couple of winds. Winding is smooth.

Bracelet: Accompanied by original 93150 bracelet that is in excellent condition with very little stretch. Correct 380 end links are also in good condition. The clasp is a bit stiff but closes securely once the fliplock is switched into place.

Accessories: The watch will be sold with the service paperwork from Rolex USA dating back to the 90's.

My asking price is $7,500 or best offer, which includes fully insured Fedex Priority shipping. Payment via PayPal (F&F or add 3% if using PP) or direct bank wire. US sale strongly preferred. Face-to-face in Chicago is also welcome for local buyers. Returns are not accepted unless I have materially misrepresented something (and I don't believe I have). Finally, I have plenty of references available as a buyer and seller that I can provide if necessary. Thanks for looking and thanks to OF for the space.
    1.24.20-1.jpg 1.23.20-3.jpg 1.23.20-4.jpg 1.23.20-5.jpg 1.23.20-6.jpg 1.23.20-7.jpg 1.23.20-8.jpg 1.23.20-9.jpg 1.23.20-10.jpg 1.23.20-11.jpg 1.23.20-12.jpg 1.23.20-13.jpg 1.25.20-1.jpg 1.26.20-1.jpg

chows99, fskywalker, RMA and 32 others like this.
  2. Seaborg Feb 16, 2020

::love::::love::::love::::love::::love::::love::

Faz and bazamu like this.
  3. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Feb 16, 2020

OHPF

4. simonsays Feb 17, 2020

No surprises. Lovely watch, fantastic price!

bazamu, JwRosenthal and Lonestar like this.