Forums Latest Members

Tudor Sub Question/Advice

1. pwojnar May 21, 2016

TUDOR 1.JPG TUDOR 2.JPG TUDOR 3.JPG TUDOR 4.JPG TUDOR 5.JPG TUDOR 7.JPG Looking for some insight on this Tudor Sub that a friend wants to trade me for my No Date Rolex Sub 14060M ( I think from 2009?). The Rolex is an unpolished, no box, no paper example that I got for a really good price a few weeks ago. It is in great shape. I have always wanted one so when I had the chance to get it I picked it up for only $3000. On the other hand I also always wanted a Tudor Sub and currently funds don't allow for both. Here is the Tudor he wants to trade me for plus some cash which would help out at the moment. The lugs look really good in person, the crystal is a replacement, the case back has been polished for sure, but the patina is nice and even. I believe it is a transitional model? Let me know what you guys think and your opinions on what you would do.

2. omitohud May 22, 2016

I wouldn't do it. The dial is either service or fake, as well as the insert. I don't like the mid case either. U got a really good deal on the sub.

Sorry can't help it. How good a friend is he? Early tudor sub only has swiss, t<25 came way later. This looks like a Franken to me.

I blame it on the autoconnect.

Edited May 22, 2016
    Foo2rama and pwojnar like this.
  3. pwojnar May 23, 2016

Thanks for the heads up. I guess it ends up that almost the whole watch is fake. I let my friend know and he will try and figure something out with the seller. For now I will keep my Sub and keep an eye out for someone wanting to trade a nice Tudor Sub and a couple bucks.

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 23, 2016

If you got a black sub at a great price, I'll bet money you will regret getting rid of it.

Nobel Prize and pwojnar like this.
  5. Nobel Prize Spell Master! May 23, 2016

Keep the 14060m, the Tudor would be a great second watch but the 14060m is the last no date, pinhole, 4 liner with aluminum bezel. It's the 5512 of the future.

Edited May 24, 2016
    pwojnar likes this.
  6. WatchVaultNYC May 23, 2016

- Case looks too nice for something from the 60's
    - movement does not look to be a 2483
    - crown is incorrect
    - hour hand is too long
    - dial is probably aftermarket or redone
    - bezel lume pip looks off.

If it were a good 7016/0, no brainer swap your 14060m as they are very common. 7016/0s are comparatively scarce.

But in this situation, you're looking at either a franken or fake Tudor so recommend staying clear

pwojnar likes this.
  7. WatchVaultNYC May 24, 2016

upon further research, it looks like the watch has a 2784 movement from the later 9401/0. So at best, its a franken

Here's the 2483 movement on my 7016/0:
    [​IMG]
    Here's the movement on the watch you were trying to buy:
    [​IMG]
    Here's a stock photo of the 2784 movement:
    [​IMG]
    I'm no expert, but look at the shape of the rotor.

Watchman likes this.
  8. Linesiders Stripers, not snook. Jun 1, 2016

All fake