Forums Latest Members

Tudor Black Bay Chrono Steel & Gold (79363N)

1. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Dec 4, 2019

Hi guys and gals

What are your thoughts on this one?

[​IMG]

When the original chrono came out, I was not a fan. But then they released this one...and I thought 'not bad'. Now, for some reason, the more I look at it, the more I find it interesting...no bracelet naturally.

Lovers, haters, owners, have your say...

larryganz and Badwolf like this.
  2. Badwolf Dec 4, 2019

It’s a great looking watch, Tudor have done really well with their heritage range. Personally I’m more interested in a Black Bay 58, but this isn’t far behind.

3. Dsloan Dec 4, 2019

I'm a fan. But then, I'm generally a fan of their heritage line. I own a BB41, and keep eyeing the 58 as well.

I'm not usually fond of dressing up a tool watch with precious metals, but I think Tudor's done a good job of using gold and gilt finishing without looking too gaudy. Putting it on a strap or nato also helps in this regard.

Edited Dec 4, 2019
    Badwolf likes this.
  4. vbrad26 Dec 4, 2019

I really liked it.
    And then I realized I really liked it because it reminded me of the Speedy Co-axial.
    However I do like that color scheme.
    I still like it, but if I'm buying a Tudor it would not be that one.
    But that's just me, and you asked hah.

5. Om3ga321 Dec 4, 2019

Great looking watch.Tudor is on my radar at the moment.Especially the Black Bay with a blue bezel.

6. SBS74 Dec 4, 2019

Very few watches I would consider buying in the two tone style. This is one of them

eugeneandresson and Dsloan like this.
  7. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Dec 4, 2019

Those were my exact thoughts the first time I saw this one, even though the bezel is metallic

[​IMG]

But for some reason not the S&G. I hope to get a chance to see them both in the flesh...

vbrad26 likes this.
  8. stevec14 Dec 4, 2019

I always like tudors until I buy them. From the top they are great designs, just the cases are too thick and slab sided for long term wear In my experience

S.H. and timestamp like this.
  9. vbrad26 Dec 4, 2019

Yeah the SS/Gold is different enough to make it stand out from the regular SS model.

10. abrod520 Dec 5, 2019

I've seen it in person, it's all right. The gold bits stand out much more than on the Speedmaster 50 though, and that's not really my thing. Worth taking a look at in an AD if you're curious.

eugeneandresson likes this.
  11. larryganz The cable guy Dec 5, 2019

I'll give it a big thumbs up

12. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Dec 5, 2019

how many you got Larry?!

13. larryganz The cable guy Dec 5, 2019

None of these above right now - I traded the Tudor BBR towards a SubC No Date (that was traded towards a SD43), but replaced the BBR with a Tudor Pepsi GMT. So, I've just got one Tudor. My next big purchase will be a Deep Blue which I am on the list and should be here "soon", so I can't buy this now.

14. jaspers Dec 6, 2019

I like it, as on many levels it testifies of Tudor not shying away from ballsy design choices:
    - You don't see too many two-tone chronograph watches released these days. Only Bell & Ross comes to mind, otherwise. As a kid of the 1980s I've always been a big fan of two-tone, happy to see Tudor push this
    - Same goes for the Bund strap. What self-respecting watch brand would in their right mind release a new watch on a Bund? I love how Tudor throws the dice on these things, and gets away with that
    - although its only incremental design following the steel bezel BB chrono—its the same watch, with only a new color scheme—it looks like a totally new BB. Well played, Tudor.

eugeneandresson likes this.
  15. abrod520 Dec 6, 2019

There were 3 Speedmasters in two-tone released just this year.... The 50, and two of the Tokyo 2020 models. There might be a two-tone model of the new Seamaster 300M Chrono too, haven't gone into those much

TAG Heuer did it with the Fragment Carrera last year :coffee:

(Side note: I found myself face-to-face with an unsold Fragment last weekend. I personally dislike it but if anyone's interested in it at MSRP, I can point you to it)

16. mz_cle Dec 6, 2019

I like this model a lot, but I may have a bias given how frequently I wear my BBGMT and my general enjoyment of the Tudor Heritage line.

I had a chance to try the this model on at my local AD and it wore really well. [Note: I have wrists on the large side.]

17. mancio Dec 6, 2019

The only steel/gold that i would buy with the bracelet!

18. Albe100 Dec 6, 2019

I have black bay black with ETA, and love the snowflake.

On this one...I'm not sure if it's the shape of the snowflake that makes it look too busy, or if it's the contrast between the cream lume and the gold subdials. However the rest of the watch is spot on. IMO

19. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 6, 2019

Last time I looked he had two, a right and a left

larryganz and eugeneandresson like this.
  20. jaspers Dec 6, 2019

OK man, you got me :thumbsup: