Forums Latest Members

Tudor 7928 case fits a 9410/9411 dial?

1. sdre Dec 30, 2017

I refer to Jacek (Hq Milton) sale post here. https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=572894

Inevidtabily, the noob in me saw it at a great price and agreed with Jacek to purchase it... (in my defense, its quite a nice dial, and looks cool, and it was 3am when I made the purchase :)

But this morning, I went to do some further readings on Tudor Subs, it looks like the 7928 cases only had maxi round markers. The snowflake dials are only on 9410/9411 models....

So this probably is a franken....

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The watch hasn't been shipped, and I have emailed Jacek to hold on to it for now. I might just top up for a 1680... but can anyone justify if this piece is worth keeping?

Thanks OF!

2. Kmart Dec 30, 2017

I would say to run away... I think that there's a strong chance that the case, dial, hands, and bezel all come from completely different watches. Dial and hands look off to me as well. And the case is nothing special, looks like it's seen a polishing wheel a great many times.

Not a fan of the "shoot first, ask questions later" style of watch buying to be honest. Don't commit to a purchase and then take to the forums to ask if you should go through with it or not. Do the research first.

watch3s and sdre like this.
  3. sdre Dec 30, 2017

[QUOTE Not a fan of the "shoot first, ask questions later" style of watch buying to be honest. Don't commit to a purchase and then take to the forums to ask if you should go through with it or not. Do the research first.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you are most right on this. I need to get my shit together before firing the trigger again.

Jacek has agreed to refund my money so lesson learnt.

4. jaguar11 Dec 30, 2017

I think he makes it clear in his description that the movement has been changed which clearly explains the type of dial and hands that have been fitted.

5. ICONO Dec 30, 2017

In Jacek’s defence.....the watch is described accurately……if you take the time to read the detail

However the hands do look as though someone vomited on them, about 25 years ago

watch3s likes this.
  6. sdre Dec 30, 2017

Yup. He said stated clearly and I apologized to him regarding this. Thankfully he hasn't shipped the watch. Kudos to Jacek for being a straight forward businessman.