Forums Latest Members

Trying to locate info on Speedmaster

1. jaeco Jun 14, 2017

Hi...

My husband passed away several years ago and I have his Speedmaster Stainless Steel watch. Also have the red packet with the international warranty. Yes, I'm trying to find the value and have spent so much time on this and get differing answers. Even though I have the ref number, one center told me I needed the serial number and that the back would have to be removed in order to see that. They said they'd have to send it away for that. Next jeweler where we bought it said they just couldn't find the ref number i gave them and that the serial number wouldn't do me any good. Yet another center just told me the same thing, that the serial number would be of no help. I don't mind doing the work on this but don't want to run all over for no reason. The last place also told me just to enter the reference number online...no luck. So, the ref number on the card is 58296128, purchased 6/6/2003, watch no. 611. Any help or direction would be really appreciated.

2. Davidt Jun 14, 2017

Pictures of the watch would help.

Was it purchased new in 2003? It's unlikely to be hugely valuable but possibly a couple of thousand £/$.

Post a picture and we'll be able to give you a better idea.

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 14, 2017

Picture of the watch and the other number on the card would help. You gave us the serial not the reference number. It sounds like some type of limited edition though.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 14, 2017

Serial number: 58296128
    Article ref: 35105000 - this is actually the model or reference number.

This watch is called a "Speedmaster Reduced" so not a particularly valuable watch. If you search completed auctions on eBay you will see what these typically sell for.

Cheers, Al

Foo2rama likes this.
  5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 14, 2017

Wonder what the 611 is if it's a reduced.

6. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Jun 14, 2017

811 endlinks? Just guessing

Archer likes this.