Forums Latest Members
  1. mikechi22 Jun 15, 2017

Hello, Wise Masters! I've been able to learn which movements were produced when and which serial numbers correspond to which years. What remains a mystery to me is the question of Omega watch cases. In many posts, one sees reference to this or that case as being rare or not likely with a particular movement. Has someone put together a reference / guide for case numbers? What is the most important thing one should bear in mind with regard to cases and vintage Omega fishing?

Thank you in advance for your insight. This Forum is a marvelous resource and I admire all of you with your vast knowledge and willingness to share.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 15, 2017

It would be too big to list in all honesty, the number of different cases Omega has made is possibly larger than any other Swiss brand in history, and then you've got all of the foreign market cases, Dennison, Jorrel, South American, Norman Morris, etc etc

You really need to narrow down into the model and era you want to focus on and then start learning within that, nobody on this site is an expert in more than say, 10-15% of Omega's line just because its so incredibly broad.