Forums Latest Members

Trying to Identify My Dad's Watch Band (Vintage Seamaster)

1. lpassarella Oct 11, 2018

I've been lurking on this board for sometime everyone here seems so well versed. I'm hoping someone here can help me help my Dad. My mother gave my father his Omega Seamaster for Christmas in 1962. It's a 14K GF with date.
    It has the seahorse back in Gold. The bottom of the Dial says Seamaster (it doesn't have De Ville on the front dial)
    Some 35 years ago the watch was repaired by someone that also installed a leather band on it. (I have know idea why) The included pictures are of the original band from when new. I would like to return the watch back to its original state for my Dad. The issue is the end caps to the band are missing.
    I can't seem to identify this band anywhere.
    There doesn't seem to be any numbers anywhere on it. It has the 1/10 14K GF but no other numbers. Also as you can see it is an adjustable clasp. I don't know the exact date but I figure since it was a Christmas 1962 gift it was either an old 1961 a 1962 or an early 1963. Any help you guys can give would be great. Thank You.

IMG_4623.jpg IMG_4624.jpg IMG_4626.jpg IMG_4624-1.jpg
    Etp095 likes this.
  2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 11, 2018

The end pieces that went with the bracelet were also likely made in the US to fit a US made case. These would be different than the end pieces for Swiss made cases. The companies that made these bracelets for Omega are long out of business.

Your best bet would be to find a watchmaker that has a good supply of vintage bracelet parts. Maybe you will get lucky and something will fit.
    gatorcpa

Etp095 likes this.