Forums Latest Members

Troubled First Buy... Need Opinions

1. orlis Feb 14, 2020

You don’t need to appraise it if you have the invoice or proof of payment from chrono24, this should be enough for insurance purposes as it is modern watch with proof of purchase.

connieseamaster likes this.
  2. Evitzee Feb 14, 2020

Generally true, but some insurance companies want an independent valuation. Most invoices you get on internet purchases are pretty skimpy, often with no details on the watch, serial numbers, model number, etc.

3. Donn Chambers Feb 14, 2020

As others have said, we can’t say if the watch is real or not without pictures at least, but there’s nothing wrong with the card. The Speedmaster I purchased in Vienna from the Omega boutique has that similar panel for the AD info.

I’ve also had several watches appraised for insurance, and I was never asked for papers. The appraiser gave the watch to a watchmaker on site for verification of authenticity, then wrote the appraisal based on that info. But maybe that’s not as common as I thought - although it was the same process at two shops in two states.

4. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Feb 14, 2020

AAA sells renters/homeowners insurance as well as car insurance, and when I added my LE Railmaster to the scheduled items insured separately, I had originally used the bought-new price of $6800 instead of the $4950ish I actually paid. Anything over $5000 they wanted appraised, so I had it covered to purchase price.

Tom (please don't steal my watch!)

scapa, DaveK and Dan S like this.
  5. mk2rick Feb 15, 2020

I’ve seen some really really good fakes now floating around ok Instagram and it pays to be careful .. the fakes are getting good and they don’t stick to Rolex anymore .. hublot , AP, omega , it’s all being copied !

6. pongster Feb 15, 2020

To begin with, do ADs appraise and/or authenticate?

I thought they just sell.

I understand they dont even service. You have to go to an authorized service center.

7. pongster Feb 15, 2020

Do they also fake PMs?

How about complicated models - perpetual/annual calendars, repeaters, split second chronographs?

Edited Feb 15, 2020
  8. Jeeper Feb 15, 2020

Picture of my most recent warranty card. Looks the same with same "sticker" to write on. This has been back to Omega through Manchester Boutique without any problems. P.jpg

9. Jeeper Feb 15, 2020

To me it looks like someone has signed the dealer stamp.