Forums Latest Members

Triple Date Speedmaster 3523.80. Bracelet resizing?

1. GT_Aventus Jan 9, 2020

Hello,

Recently bought a 3523.80 blue dial triple date calendar and am having trouble resizing the bracelet.
    Omega Bracelet #1582 and #850 end links.
    My bracelet resizing tool is not up to the task.
    I am considering buying a small 5 piece link remover kit
    or
    taking it to my local watch repair shop.and having it resized.
    I don't mind paying $30, $20, $15 as long as they don't mark the bracelet (still in mint condition).

Am I better off attempting myself with a better bracelet resizing kit? Or can I trust the local watch repair shop won't put a mark/damage on the bracelet? How likely that I will be successful by being more careful in resizing this bracelet?

2. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Jan 9, 2020

Trust the shop but inspect it carefully when done. I had a bracelet resized and when I got it home I noticed it was dented by the guy who resized it. Had I noticed in the shop, you can bet I would have had them buy me a new bracelet.

Tom

GT_Aventus and 03Hemi like this.
  3. 03Hemi Jan 9, 2020

This ^ is what I did with my bracelet too, but no foul.
    Do you have the OEM alligator band too?
    Where's the obligatory picture?
    IMG_1160.JPG

GT_Aventus likes this.
  4. GT_Aventus Jan 9, 2020

Thanks. I think I'll trust them but I'll make sure to inspect the bracelet before leaving.

Here is mine! Almost to size but need a few links out. No OEM alligator yet..

IMG_20200108_141314__01.jpg 3148A-Omega-Speedmaster-Watch-Bracelet-1562_850_1.jpg
    03Hemi likes this.
  5. GT_Aventus Jan 9, 2020

Done. Repair shop it was little more difficult than usual but it was done. Better job that I could have managed. $20 but saved in whatever accidental damage I may have caused.

03Hemi and VetPsychWars like this.
  6. Lostpuppy116 Jan 13, 2020

I had to add a link to my 3523.80 and the local watch shop had it done in a jiffy. I think you made the right decision by going to the watch/repair store to have it done. I might attempt it on a Citizen or Seiko "beater" watch and get better at it, but without proper tools or experience, hire the professional and enjoy professional results. As stated already, inspect afterwards for quality given the costs involved. Enjoy that beautiful Omega.