Forums Latest Members

Tried on the Dark Side of the Moon Speedmaster!!

1. Superdoc Oct 8, 2013

Sorry, no pics...but it is on display at the Boutique in NYC -

My impressions....

From initial view behind the glass...it's fairly unassuming - almost plastic looking...

After putting it on and watching the light catch it...it's quite amazing...Shiny as hell, and the brushed/polished combination is really striking.
    The Cordura was more comfortable than you'd think, and actually looked pretty good...
    the Dial was stunning...pure liquid metal type sheen (in fact it is ZrO2)

But, it was very light - a minus for me, a plus for others...

Overall,,,it is a killer piece...The price hadn't bothered me, but when you look around the boutique a little more...the Speedmaster professional moonwatch
    With Aventurine dial blows it away!! (for 500$ less) - and a more beautiful lemania movement on display, and moonphase...

Also, the redgold deville chrono blue dial was just so amazing, that no other watch came close...

I admire the Darkside, and think it is a great timepiece...but I have to bow out from the wait list -- too many other pieces I'd rather take first...

As a side note - the new Aqua Terra GMT chrono was an amazing stunner...

And the Bull Heads are cool as hell!! I had thought that I wanted a Ploprof to fill that fun, Funky role...but the Bull heads take it away..

Loved them more than my Panerai...
    And the Bull Heads are so much more functional!

So....my visit to the Boutique :

the winner - Deville chrono 9301 Blue on blue redgold
    Runner - up Speedy Aventurine dial
    3rd place - Dark Side of the Moon Speedmaster

Special mention: the new '57's
    the Bull Heads

The Museum edition MD's Watch (I feel obligated to own this one)

2. Luiz Oct 8, 2013

You've just said something I was thinking about. "Too good to be true", I wondered... Even being a wonderful piece, for the price it costs, I guess there will be better watches to get. Afterall, there's nothing "new" with the Dark Side.

3. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Oct 8, 2013

dipping the feather in the ink ;)

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 8, 2013

Wow the bullheads already in dealer? I thought it is style at prototype stage. Good news.

5. Superdoc Oct 9, 2013

not quite... I was given a private showing of the Basel models...should be here for the new year

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 11, 2013

I'd genuinely love them to use this ceramic tech on a new Darth Vader Seamaster chronograph using calibre 9300 with the same extreme case styling. Those two (Anakin and Darth) are well overdue for a remake!