Forums Latest Members
  1. NorthernTimeZone Feb 13, 2013

Curious about this Tri-Compax I came across at a vintage jewelry dealer last week. It's in fairly good shape, but the chrono hands aren't zero'd and the hour & minute hand seem to be wrong.

I'm a newbie to the details of the brand, but wonder if the watch is worth pursuing. Note, this photo was also posted on Instagram last week by Gear Patrol.

I'd appreciate any comments.

-Ed

UG Tri-Compax.JPG
  2. Sherbie Feb 13, 2013

Yep, never seen those hands before. Most often I've seen these with leaf hands, normally gold. Pic "borrowed" from the web

What is the case made off - that may dictate whether watch is worth pursuing or not, but these have been making good money on ebay even for non gold watches of late.

moon phase has obviously been repainted. Pushers look Do all all of the functions work?

Pretty sure that the dial is a redial, buts its been sympathetically done, but never seen "Swiss made" on these either.

Cheers, Paul

image.jpg
  3. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Feb 13, 2013

Definite redial, in my opinion not that smpathetically done. Hands incorrect as stated. Heavily polished.

Unless you need parts, I'd avoid it.

4. NorthernTimeZone Feb 13, 2013

Thanks guys. Case is hallmarked 14K. I did not try to wind it or check the functions.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 13, 2013

What was the pricing like? Could have potential as a project if the cost is reasonable

6. NorthernTimeZone Feb 13, 2013

He was asking $2500. I have no idea what I could have gotten him down to. I didn't try because I wasn't serious at the time.