Forums Latest Members

TRADED: Hamilton Lemania 5100 White Dial (super rare)

1. Myron Apr 10, 2017

Ok, I filed my taxes this weekend and have to put this back up for sale, but I'm dropping the price to encourage a quick sale. New Price is $1850 OBRO. What is it they say about death and taxes?

Here's my original description from a week or so ago:

For sale is this really cool and very unusual chronograph. Hamilton made these in a black dial and white dial. The black dial shows up very occasionally, but the white dial shows up just about never. They were released as a limited edition in Italy, I believe. At least I know the date wheel is in Italian and I've never seen any other variety, so that's my working hypothesis.

Because of the watch's uncanny resemblance to the Sinn 156 and the lack of any identifying marks on the case, I call this model the 156-alike, sometimes the Bund-alike. This watch is about 42-43 mm in diameter; if you're familiar with the Sinn 156, this piece wears just like that. They may have parts in common for all I know. My specimen runs great and everything works fine. I've never timed it for accuracy, but when I've worn it it's been within 10 seconds a day. Service history unknown. There are a few scratches on the plastic crystal but nothing too egregious.

This watch is totally original, with the possible exception of the crown. I say this because it's different than the crown on its black-dialed twin that I have, which appears to be the same crown as on my 156. Having said that, the crown screws down just fine and everything looks and works great. The lugs are drilled for easy strap changing, and the bezel action is clickage, and unidirectional. The bezel has a very nice action and feel. T SWISS MADE T is a nice touch.

I have the watch on a Dark Cognac shell cordovan strap (Horween, of course). I searched for this watch forever, and have had it a few years. Now it's time for someone else to enjoy it. I'm looking for USD $1850 OBRO for this rare and unusual piece. Lots of references on this site and others. I am a reasonable person and will treat you the way I'd like to be treated if I were buying your watch.

My return policy: You can return this watch if it arrives not as described. Otherwise I'm looking to find it a new home and don't really want it back. P4100008.JPG P4100009.JPG P4100010.JPG P4100011.JPG P4100012.JPG P4100013.JPG P4100014.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Myron

Edited Apr 14, 2017
    R3D9, Sculler22, Brook and 5 others like this.
  2. Myron Apr 11, 2017

Bump with a price reduction. Now $1850 USD OBRO.

Thanks,

Myron

Edited Apr 14, 2017
    WatchVaultNYC and oddboy like this.
  3. Myron Apr 14, 2017

Bump to the top! For anyone getting a tax refund this year, here's a fun way to spend it. :)

Myron

shishy likes this.
  4. Myron Apr 17, 2017

Bump to the top with a price reduction to $1750 OBRO.

Thanks,

Myron

5. Myron May 3, 2017

Let's open this up to trades. What I'd really like is a Sinn 103 St Acrylic, but I'll consider other interesting watches of that ilk. I'm not looking to trade up, just over or down.

Thanks,

Myron

6. Myron May 5, 2017

Bump for the weekend and let's lower the price to $1650. Here are some possible trades:

- Hamilton or other "Fab Four" 6BB Valjoux 7733 chronographs
    - Sinn 103 St Acrylic
    - Oris Diver's Sixty-Five 42 mm blue dial
    - Seiko: Interesting vintage non-divers
    - Junghans: Whaddya got?
    - Damasko chronographs
    - Stowa Flieger chronograph

Thanks,

Myron

George.A and R3D9 like this.
  7. Myron May 9, 2017

Off to the 'Bay!