Forums Latest Members
  1. BadAndy Jul 15, 2015

I was down at South Coast Plaza last night, and stumbled upon the Tourbillon Boutique. I thought it was just an independent watch shop that carried the higher end brands (Omega, Breguet, Blancpain, etc). I have started shopping for my next watch and was inquiring about an Orbis Hour Vision. They didn't have one, but had another hour vision for me to try on. They said they can get any Omega.

Anyway, I asked about discounts or specials, and they said they are part of the brand, and offer the same experience as the Omega boutique, just that they also carry the upper end Swatch Co lines as well as Omega.

They don't offer discounts, but do have 12 months 0% financing, and the first service on the watch is free. Do all Omegas come with a free first service, or is this just something available through "boutiques"? I thought it was strange since they also have an Omega Boutique in the mall too. I apologize for my lack of knowledge about Boutiques.

2. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jul 15, 2015

You won't get any discount through a boutique - they are not allowed to give one. They will throw in some goodies and it sounds like the service is part of this. Just make sure you get the offer in writing otherwise, in four years, it is your word against theirs.

3. bill5959 Jul 15, 2015

In my experience discounts are possible. You have to be above the typical Moonwatch price and perhaps well known to them. Remember it never hurts to ask.

4. cuts33 Jul 15, 2015

Boutiques can and do discount.

Nowhere near what you can get from an AD, but they can do a little something for you.

5. repoman Jul 15, 2015

Tourbillion Boutiques are owned by the Swatch Group. The difference between an Omega Boutique, and a Tourbillion boutique is that Tourbillion sells all the Swatch luxury brands. Overall customer experience is pretty similar. Discounts can be negotiated at a Tourbillion, but its harder to get them there, than with a truly independent Omega authorized dealer. Bear in mind, Omega top brass have been cracking down really really hard on authorized dealer discounts. The head of Omega US sales was just down in San Diego taking a local authorized dealer to task. Andy, I'll private message you some additional information that will help in your negotiation.

6. cuts33 Jul 15, 2015

Where is this thread?

::popcorn::

7. repoman Jul 15, 2015

haha... I have nothing more to say about that.

8. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jul 15, 2015

In certain circumstances even a Botique will give a discount if pressed, though undoubtedly smaller than an Authorized Dealer would likely give. For example it never hurts to ask for a discount equivalent to the local sales tax, which in some California communities can be as high as 9.5%; getting a sales tax-equivalent discount is pretty easy to justify in the era of easy Internet shopping.

9. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Jul 15, 2015

Pictures!

10. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jul 16, 2015

I didn't realize that Tourbillon was a Swatchco shop. Now I know where I can go locally to drool over a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. :)

11. nmttd2 Jul 16, 2015

Discounts at a Tourbillon Boutique work the same as an Omega Boutique since they are part of the Swatch Group. You will never see any discount in the 10% range. There are Tourbillon Boutiques around the USA in major cities. They also have Tourbillon Boutiques around the world, not many of them but there are probably 20 around the world.

12. BadAndy Jul 16, 2015

They had some gorgeous Blancpain Fifty Fathoms there....

13. BadAndy Jul 16, 2015

Thank you all for your help and suggestions. I will keep you updated. Hopefully I will be a new Omega owner soon.

14. repoman Jul 16, 2015

On my last visit I was drooling all over the Breguet Transatlantique in red gold IMG_20150715_112541.jpg

BadAndy likes this.