Forums Latest Members
  1. slwije Sep 20, 2023

Wondering if anyone has used them for any type of servicing?

I did multiple searches in the forum to see if anyone used TWR but couldn't find anything.

I got a quote from Nesbit's, and their quote was twice as much what TWR quoted me.

2. Canuck Sep 20, 2023

You get good reviews on the message board re: Nesbitt’s.

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 21, 2023

Well, if this is how they install batteries, I wouldn't rush off to use them...

Total watch repair.jpg

NOTSHARP, Timely, sheepdoll and 2 others like this.
  4. Canuck Sep 21, 2023

+1

5. rendo Sep 21, 2023

Maybe those are just special, non-conductive tweezers that look like metal.

How they placed the balance wheel on the bench made me uncomfortable:
    [​IMG]

6. slwije Sep 21, 2023

Obviously you see an issue with the way they are replacing the battery. I'm not an expert at this I will take your word. I see that you're a watchmaker. Are you in the business of providing watch servicing? If not, do you have any recs in US?

7. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Sep 21, 2023

Please tell us roughly where you are, the watch in question and what, to the best of your knowledge, needs to be done.

8. Canuck Sep 21, 2023

Nesbits in Seattle! ;)

9. Evitzee Sep 21, 2023

You'll have a good experience with Nesbit's in Seattle. You can visit with Jan and discuss exactly what you want done and she'll give you possible options. They are about the same price as official Omega service center but they have parts account with Omega so no issue with replacing parts as needed.

10. josiahg52 Sep 21, 2023

He is, does great work in Canada although I've sent all my Omegas to him from the US.

The problem with how they're replacing the battery is that they are holding it with metal tweezers, shorting the battery.

I contacted TWR about they're servicing of Glycine and Fortis watches since they're not listed by either on the US. They claim they can get genuine parts for them which I doubt. I'm weary of any of these outfits that claim they can fix or service every brand of watch. I contacted them about a "standard" service assuming no broken parts or undue wear:

A routine complete maintenance or complete overhaul includes the following:

- Complete dismantling of watch and movement followed by careful inspection of all components
    - Reassembly of movement, oiling of jewels, and calibration of timing mechanism
    - All gaskets are replaced, as well as any damaged minor movement parts including the mainspring.
    - Rigorous quality control during 72 hours, including timekeeping, water resistance test to factory specifications, and visual inspection
    - One-year service guarantee
    (their emphasis)

I'm not sure I'd use them.

11. slwije Sep 21, 2023

Located in Louisiana in USA. I don't know exactly what the watch needs as it is still not in my possession. Bought it from a member in this forum, and I should have it in the coming days. There are some cosmetic blemishes I can see from the pics. Seller informed me that the watch is working fine. I'm just trying to make it look new/decent again. See a few pics below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. slwije Sep 21, 2023

I reached out Nestbit. They quoted me a price based on description and pictures. However they did inform that they cannot replate case. I've reached out Replate-it. Still haven't gotten a quote from them.

So I'm thinking that I'll have to do separate services.

13. Davidt Sep 21, 2023

I wouldn’t have that case re-plated. I’d enjoy it as it is for a while and consider a movement only service after a couple of months.

14. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Sep 21, 2023

+1…Movement only. Its a nice vintage watch.

slwije likes this.