Forums Latest Members
  1. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jul 15, 2012

To say that the dial on this watch is original and unrestored is total misrepresentation. This is after all the same seller/dealer who had a similarly inaccurate description of the golden seamaster previously discussed in this forum. This seller is not only overpriced but does not represent his goods honestly - merits a huge AVOID!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STUNNING-OM...es_Watches_MensWatches_GL&hash=item1c293e1715Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. ulackfocus Jul 15, 2012

The more money there is in vintage watches, the more this kind of crap will happen. The only hope for people is that they ask on a forum like this before purchasing.

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 15, 2012

Look at his sales . He is making good money all with the same pitch. It is is truly amazing the number of uninformed people contentedly forking over big bucks for goods sold under false pretenses.
    I saw this at many levels in London. One of the most prestigious retailers of vintage Omegas sold a large percentage of watches that were refinished dials as all original. If pressed they would concede that the watch was redialed, but maintained that the work was done by Omega and therefore it was perfectly permissible to describe the piece as all original Omega. These would be pieces that were sent out by Omega to out of house subcontracted re-dialers.
    Somlo6.jpg

4. speedycosmograph Speedmasterus Pontificatus Jul 15, 2012

That armadillo band always makes me want to run out and buy a 2005 Corvette....and unbutton the first 4 buttons on my shirt. How many of you guys are wearing pinky rings right this minute? Is there an all Speedmaster Professional forum somewhere?

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 15, 2012

1. Probably none. You are confusing these watches with solid gold with diamonds Rolex Submariners.
    2. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

6. ulackfocus Jul 15, 2012

http://jkingfilms.com/linkstotalent/allisonwaltonpop-2.html

TheBrad.jpg TBlicenseplate.jpg

Despite being in NJ, I'm not currently nor will in the future wear a pinky ring. Buying one would partially derail the next planned watch purchase.

Couldn't tell you since I've never owned a Speedy.

7. Jacquot Jul 15, 2012

I'm totally speechless! Hilarious!

8. speedycosmograph Speedmasterus Pontificatus Jul 15, 2012

My feelings are hurt. I may be too fragile for this forum.

9. ulackfocus Jul 15, 2012

You must be Italian.

10. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 15, 2012

Real Speedy men can take the heat, maybe you should buy a Fossil :D

11. speedycosmograph Speedmasterus Pontificatus Jul 15, 2012

Ouch. Now THAT is hitting below the belt. I will admit I used to have one of the those Seiko Flight Computer watches in the late 80s (I think I sourced it at the Sears jewelry dept in Tampa Bay Center Mall)....gold colored....about 17 subdials...bezel with like 7 rows of numbers that I never understood. I loved that watch, and it was gaudy as a mutha. Of course, it was perfect with my Members Only jacket and Guess jeans. I'm kidding about the jeans...and the jacket. I've never been very fashionable.

12. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 15, 2012

I've got an original brown leather "Member's Only" jacket purchased in 1984 at Burdines Florida. I can make you a good deal on it. Got any watches heehee.gif

13. ulackfocus Jul 15, 2012

Yep, guilty of owning a Members Only jacket back in the 80's too. Had an even sharper Sergio Valente windbreaker in blue & white. :confused::p

14. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 15, 2012

smiley-face-drool.gif

15. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jul 16, 2012

Since we've now moved into "True Confessions", I have to admit to having a black chintz Members Only jacket, too.

Is there a support group for us poor souls out there somewhere?
    gatorcpa

16. ulackfocus Jul 16, 2012

Yes, plenty - retirement homes, AARP, social security, etc. :p On a related subject, does an early bird taste like chicken?

17. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 16, 2012

Nope, Black-crowned Night Heron, tastes very fishy :thumbsdown:

black_crowned_night_heron.jpg