Forums Latest Members
  1. 42itus Nov 19, 2018

I posted this on another forum but it really belongs here.

I had an interesting experience at my AD. I mentioned that I want one of these and will look for one during my upcoming trip to Japan. To my surprise my SA said that depending on the reference she might be able to get me one. I told her the blue and she said that while she can’t make any promises, she is pretty sure that she will be able to make it happen for me.
    Apparently a little while ago they had a bunch of their regular clients that expressed interest in these pieces, so the OB here reached out to an OB in Japan and asked if the Japan OB could sell some pieces to their clients. OB in Japan agreed and the local OB will not be making the sale, but they will be facilitating it for their clients. So one of the local clients requested and was approved for two different references, but later decided that they could only purchase one. My SA, who I have no purchase history with, said she will allow me to purchase the one he gave up (blue). Not sure if this will really happen, but a nice gesture nonetheless. I already intend to be a loyal client because of this.
    The purpose of my long post is that if you want this or any other piece, it doesn’t hurt to ask.

Speedy2254 likes this.
  2. rohnin Nov 19, 2018

I’ve heard something similar. Wonder if the watches will arrive

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 19, 2018

I doubt they are selling out. They are making a fairly large number of them. It shouldn’t be hard to get a Japan OB to sell remotely.

ext1 likes this.
  4. ext1 Nov 19, 2018

Agreed....surprisingly there are some LEs from some years ago that haven't apparently fully sold out.

5. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Nov 19, 2018

Yes surprisingly.... :D

Pun, ConElPueblo and BostonCanuck like this.
  6. MCC Nov 19, 2018

I wonder how import taxes would work in a situation like this

7. anselmw Nov 19, 2018

Which Boutique did you ask. I asked the 5th Avenue a month ago and they said they could not get them. Also inquired directly with omega but got a form email response. Would luv to get my hands on a couple if you would share your connection.

8. gixxer47 Nov 19, 2018

I just came back from a quick trip to Japan. I visited the Ginza boutique and an AD and all they are doing at this moment is taking deposits especially on the panda and blue and white panda. And the process to pick them up is very time sensitive. I also went to the Haneda Airport Omega before leaving Japan to continue on other parts of Asia and they did not have any available for sale.
    As I made my way back home, I had a layover at Narita Airport and got LUCKY! They had 2 panda dials for sale. No other versions. I bought both of them. Best part, you don’t have to pay the 8% tax, which is usually the case for non-residents plus got 10% off the 685,000 yen suggested price.
    So that being said, based on my experience, your best bet may be at one of the Omega in the airports.
    Good luck on obtaining a piece

9. gixxer47 Nov 19, 2018

Some pieces are being brought in for select clients through the OB... they are no longer taking names/deposits though

Stgo2019 likes this.
  10. 42itus Nov 19, 2018

It’s the OB in Honolulu in the Ala Moana shopping center. But I was told they can’t get any more. Which one are you looking for? I’m going to Japan and I’ve also heard of finding these at airports. I can keep an eye out.

11. 42itus Nov 19, 2018

Nice score! An OB SA told me they bought a panda at Haneda. Right place at the right time!

12. Jotcs Nov 20, 2018

Oh wow what luck! I was at Narita yesterday and no pandas. I missed your pandas by a day - ouch, ouch, ouch! Congratulations! I saw them at Ginza and they are beautiful.

13. anselmw Nov 21, 2018

Was looking for the blue face and white panda. Now that I know there is a chance at the airport will be on the look out as well.

14. 42itus Nov 21, 2018

Well,

If I have the opportunity to get one I'll grab it and let you know.

15. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 21, 2018

Here is the Panda.

fullsizeoutput_1837.jpeg fullsizeoutput_183a.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1851.jpeg

ama98, Longbow and LeonDeBayonne like this.
  16. rohnin Nov 21, 2018

Still on the fence whether to keep my red one or not. Love the panda!

17. Ian_km Nov 21, 2018

Just the case back spoils them for me, much prefer the moon connection

18. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 22, 2018

You can soon put a std moonwatch case back on there

Speedy2254 and Ian_km like this.
  19. Ian_km Nov 22, 2018

True, I hadn't thought of that! Oh no... started me looking now