Forums Latest Members

Today is a great day...NOS content

1. Jonatan Dec 7, 2016

Forgive me father for I have sinned... today I crossed the line. Today I become a watch collector. This is thanks to many of you here on Omega Forum that have given me room to grow, that have silenced me or corrected me when need be. That gently pushed me in the right direction or handed out your hand when I most needed it. That accepted in your select group even though I do not own an Omega.

Today I retrieved an old watch that took almost a year to repair, I picked up a watch I bought on Sunday evening and it appears as though it might still have the original bracelet (in either case I believe it to be unpolished) and...

IMG_3020.JPG
    Vitezi, Giff2577, watchknut and 3 others like this.
  2. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Dec 7, 2016

::popcorn::

3. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Dec 7, 2016

You must have been a stripper in a previous life... :rolleyes:

Syrte, Rman, Vitezi and 3 others like this.
  4. Jonatan Dec 7, 2016

Who said I quit stripping? (good thing the sherrif is no longer around to put this phrase under my avatar)
    Sorry about that, like a fool I snapped the back off of watch number one and couldn't get it back on:whipped:. I had to run to my watchmaker and ask him to do it. Well it turns out that today is the shops one year anniversary and they had drinks and food so I had to stay and talk. If anyone is looking for a good watchguy in Switzerland https://www.facebook.com/watchhouse...0.1481111170./933616073435960/?type=3&theater

So now behind door number 3 :

Is a Universal Geneve Polerouter ref. 20375-1 from 1963-1965 which took me over a year to find the parts needed and another year to get it fixed. It is mostly worn by my girlfriend (oops no she's my wife now). This watch is special because it is the first watch that really pushed me to hunt down parts and gave me pleasure doing so. It give me a lot of satisfaction knowing that I brought this watch back to life.

IMG_0052.JPG
    Edited Dec 8, 2016
    timeismoney, JohnSteed, Jwit and 13 others like this.
  5. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Dec 7, 2016

Tell me about your routine. Do you use a pole or do you just kind of dance around?

6. Jonatan Dec 7, 2016

It's almost a scary questions.

Since you asked nicelly, video to come.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  7. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Dec 7, 2016

Rman and Halldawg like this.
  8. Jonatan Dec 7, 2016

Rman likes this.
  9. dialstatic Dec 7, 2016

Not so much a pole as a polerouter, apparently.

There's a better joke in there somewhere, but I cant find it.

10. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Dec 7, 2016

[​IMG]

Jwit, ulackfocus, Syrte and 2 others like this.
  11. Jonatan Dec 7, 2016

Behind door number 1 is a watch I posted on monday in What did you buy today. It is my first dive watch and one that fits my small wrist (great for chippendale cuffs BTW) and something that will add a little colour to my collection.

A Zodiac Sea Wolf 1781 B https://omegaforums.net/threads/my-small-zodiac-sea-wolf-pack.47263/#post-563030 which I had wanted to buy last week but it sold too fast. Weirdly enough, it showed up again on Sunday evening and this time I didn't hesitate. At the moment the date doesn't seem to change but I hope that can be fixed. Crown, hands, etc. are original (perhaps strap and buckle?) and it doesn't look to have been polished. I changed the bracelet since the one that came with it is much too big. Got to love that bakelite bezel and the patina contrasting with that black dial.

IMG_0053.JPG IMG_1566.jpg IMG_1567.jpg IMG_1565.jpg Capture d’écran 2016-12-07 à 13.10.01.png
    Sanmilc, Jwit, GregH and 4 others like this.
  12. Jonatan Dec 7, 2016

Guesses welcomed for the other two but for now I need to work.

13. Halldawg Dec 7, 2016

Don't tell your wife you gave your girlfriend a watch. Might get messy. :whipped:

Jwit, kkt and Jonatan like this.
  14. Jonatan Dec 7, 2016

Same girl just got upgraded! I don't have time for a girlfriend, I have too many watches and a Ph.D. to finish.

Jwit, Alpha, kkt and 1 other person like this.
  15. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Dec 7, 2016

Sounds like trouble. Do you have time for a wife?

16. Giff2577 Quick with the tools! Dec 7, 2016

I was going to hit like on that Zodiac until I scrolled to the last photo. Dibs on that Zodiac!

17. dialstatic Dec 7, 2016

That Zodiac is super awesome!

I wanna know what's behind door number three now. Wait, is it nothing? I never really understood the Monty Hall problem.

Giff2577 and Halldawg like this.
  18. Jonatan Dec 7, 2016

I mentioned before in a previous post about a test period when discussing watches with a watchmaker. The more you visit the more he opens up and this watch is a great example of exactly this. Always be nice to your watchmaker because you don't know what treasures he hides. My wife's family has been trusting this gentleman with there Universal Geneve ever since the factory closed in Geneve, so logically I followed. At first, when I would go alone he would be very short in his answers and he didn't want to talk much but when my wife was with me he was all smiles. Anyways, some in I phone him up telling him that we will swing by with my wife's Compax and the Polerouter I posted above.
    We arrive we talk a little and we start talking about chronograph mechanisms and how column wheels are so much better (at this time I didn't know what a column wheel was. Remember now I am not a chronograph guy) so I ask him to show me. He goes out back and comes out with a tray of watches which contained this IWC. He asks : "Do you like old watches? These came with the shop when I took over, I thought you might like to see them."

After a few more months he agreed to sell it to me but only if he could service it. I was scared at first because he and I don't agree on watch polishing. Anyways, we agreed on a price, when it would be ready and I told him that didn't want him to remove any imperfections on the watch or the tag. I would prefer doing that myself.

Needless to say I am the first owner of this watch. He unfortunatly does not remember what he did with the box and warranty but they are "somewhere". I have hope!

Behind door number 4...

A NOS 35mm IWC cal. 89 from 1956-1957.
    Case number 2449
    movement number 1418335
    Originaly sold for 280chf

If anyone can read what is written above the numbers I would love to know?

IMG_0056-1.JPG IMG_0055-1.JPG IMG_0064.JPG
    Edited Dec 8, 2016
  19. Rman Dec 7, 2016

You married well. Great stuff!
    I too have a UG that I've been sitting on for at least 3 years that will be ready for action around Jan 1.
    I will try to make the reveal as sexy as you have done here.
    Without the socks though.
    Kudos.

20. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock Dec 7, 2016

I see the southern half of Switzerland.

upload_2016-12-7_14-53-12.png

Or did you mean the handwritten word above the numbers on the other side of the tag?