To mod or not to mod?

I was in the same boat a couple of years ago. I found a reasonably priced, almost new hesalite version and bought it after I found a set of hands and a dial in unopened packages. I had an Omega certified watchmaker swap the dial and hands onto it thinking I'd have two speedy's, with completely different looks to wear. Unfortunately, without my reading glasses, I can't read the dial well enough (for reasons explained above) to justify wearing it. Since I can see all my other watches without glasses, I just don't wear the Mitsukoshi mod. To date, I've only worn it to two Christmas parties. I just can't bring myself to part with it. One day I will offer it up.

I don't even have any really good pictures of it, but these are fine to keep the theme going:
34.jpg 35.jpg

Everybody's peepers are unique, I have no issues reading my watch, and my eyes aren't the best.

One option would be to use a dark blue baton set of hands, that will provide more contrast and should solve the problem of anyone's poor visibility.
Edited:

I was in the same boat a couple of years ago. I found a reasonably priced, almost new hesalite version and bought it after I found a set of hands and a dial in unopened packages. I had an Omega certified watchmaker swap the dial and hands onto it thinking I'd have two speedy's, with completely different looks to wear. Unfortunately, without my reading glasses, I can't read the dial well enough (for reasons explained above) to justify wearing it. Since I can see all my other watches without glasses, I just don't wear the Mitsukoshi mod. To date, I've only worn it to two Christmas parties. I just can't bring myself to part with it. One day I will offer it up.

I don't even have any really good pictures of it, but these are fine to keep the theme going:
34.jpg 35.jpg

I'm certain that you will find.. that there is lots of Interest. It's a beautiful mod.

Do it!!! I did it and love it. I did notice the sundials are the hardest to read at an angle, so I opted for a personal touch and went with white sundial hands and I’m fine with it.

I also do have a sealed mitsukoshi handset for whenever I want to go full restore mode ever.
I also got a clear case back because white the hell not.

Use caution. I grew tired of explaining my homage to fellow enthusiast.

Use caution. I grew tired of explaining my homage to fellow enthusiast.

Do you run into a lot of enthusiasts in the wild that asked you these sort of questions? That's kind of cool.

Was just at a watch event and the owners of the store came up and was admired by it and sold a modded on a few years ago he said.

for the most part most people like it, or don’t understand why I invest this much in watches.

never ran in to an asshole like that would get his panties in a bunch over it.

I think that he means the value of the opened dial package is less than if it were unopened….
That said I have had the mod and loved it. Traded away in a fit of foolishness
IMG_2223.jpeg
Wow, gorgeous! Have any other pics of that mod?

as requested, on Alaska project velcro IMG_0837.jpeg

and with a couple of non-factory friends IMG_0818.jpeg

as requested, on Alaska project velcro IMG_0837.jpeg

and with a couple of non-factory friends IMG_0818.jpeg
Awesome collection. I never thought of a modding or a modded Omega before till seeing this thread. And the results are awesome.

Serdal.