Forums Latest Members

SOLD Tissot Vintage 1930s Sector Dial

1. slique12 Sep 8, 2018

Dear All,

Up for sale today is a lovely Tissot I acquired some time back. The original plan was to keep it for longer, but the fact it hasn't made it into my rotation in the past three months is a sign it probably should be enjoyed by someone who can give it more wrist time.

While the cushion case is certainly interesting, the dial is the real star as it is quite uncommon to find a true sector dial. Add the thick, heat blued steel hands and the onion style crown and it really starts to come together rather nicely. The case is a decent size at approx 33mm without the crown and wire lugs and is chrome plated (typical of watches from this period). As you will see below, the case back is quite worn but the rest of the case looks better. The dial and the hands are in good condition. I did not want to force the case back off and so do not have a picture of the movement. If it isn't a Tissot movement, I will gladly accept a return.

More details:
    Year: 1930s
    Dial: Original
    Case: Original, chrome plated, approx 33mm w/o crown left to right, approx 33mm w/o lugs top to bottom
    Movement: Original, manual wind. Starts right away and runs within a couple minutes a day. Service history unknown
    Crown: Original, onion style, unsigned
    Hands: Original, heat blued steel
    Strap: Vintage pig skin

Pictures:
    IMG_9271.JPG IMG_0594 (1).jpg IMG_0595 (1).jpg IMG_0596 (1).jpg

I’m asking $250 USD net to me. This will include the watch and a high quality vintage pig skin strap that in my opinion is a perfect pairing with this watch. I'll also throw in 2 day insured shipping within CONUS. Other countries at cost. Paypal or bank wire only.

Watch and I are in the US and I can ship worldwide (with some exceptions). No returns please (unless the movement isn't Tissot).

Plenty of references available upon request. Thanks!

jellytots, aap, Vitezi and 13 others like this.
  2. slique12 Sep 9, 2018

3. slique12 Sep 11, 2018

No longer on hold as the buyer backed out. Back up for sale.

4. slique12 Sep 11, 2018

And sold! Thanks to the buyer and OF for the space.