Forums Latest Members
  1. arkstfan Jan 17, 2016

I've not talked turkey with them yet but a jewelry shop a few hours from here had some nice Tissot watches for sale (they appear to be AD for them, Rolex and Tag). Spotted a couple automatics that would make a nice everyday watch. They were priced (based on the price tag) same as the Tissot website.

How likely is it they we will discount?

2. Canuck Jan 17, 2016

Some do, some don't, some will, some won't, they might! It's pretty much up to you to ask!

3. arkstfan Jan 17, 2016

Thanks. I know some brands don't get discounted and of course some brands discourage it, and of course the margin they have to work with matters.

4. Canuck Jan 17, 2016

Some brands "discourage" overt discounting. In other words, they prefer the retailer not run an ad showing a reduced sale price, or putting a sale price ticket on an item in the store. But in many jurisdictions, laws specify that anyone with something for sale can sell it for whatever they can get for it, and the retailer is not bound by the manufacturer's MSRP. I think it's called "price fixing"! But you can always ask!

arkstfan likes this.
  5. ConElPueblo Jan 17, 2016

Tissots are definetely sold for less than MSRP regularly. If the store doesn't want to give you a decent discount (I'd say 15% or so), look around online to get a better feeling.

arkstfan likes this.
  6. arkstfan Jan 17, 2016

Going to visit with them Wednesday though I doubt I pull the trigger. It's two hours from home where my son lives. I hauled him in there (they have a stellar reputation and know people travel an hour or more to do business with them. They adjusted the bracelet on a watch I had bought here for my son for free. Talked watches a bit with the manager who spotted my vintage Seamaster while we were waiting. Her dad was a watchmaker so we had a good time chatting. Told me to come back if I were in the market for a pre-vintage watch.

I was impressed by the size of inventory they had of Rolex's Tag's and Tissot, especially in a city of about 60,000 people.

7. alam Jan 18, 2016

Where's here? I suspect discounts may vary in different locations on Earth.. and yes, I also suspect the following statement is accurate too..

Just carry your smart phone with you and look for the best online price and say, would you match this price?

STANDY likes this.