TISSOT clock ?!

IMG_9430.jpeg IMG_9466.jpeg IMG_9429.jpeg IMG_9432.jpeg IMG_9450.jpeg IMG_9443.jpeg Hello, does anyone know if and when Tissot made clocks?. I can not seem to find any information on Tissot making clocks only watches! Tissot on the face and Julian Holzer on the movement case. IMG_9430.jpeg IMG_9466.jpeg IMG_9429.jpeg IMG_9432.jpeg IMG_9450.jpeg IMG_9443.jpeg
Edited:

Lovely little clock, and with the original box. I'm jealous 😉.

La Persiana refers, not as I thought to Persia, but to the little side roller shutters that cover the face.
La Persiana is Spanish for "blind", as in windows blind.

Does anybody else think the Tissot logo/crest on the box looks like a bulldog with a bad hairdo?

😁

A few additional pictures showing the manufacturer date and movement information.
Julian Holzer (later known as Holzer Watch Company) was a distributor of Swiss watches in the US before Tissot switched over to Norman Morris in the mid-1950s.

Your clock was made by Tissot, and would have been distributed in the USA by Holzer to jewelry stores and retailers for sale to the public. Many watch companies made desk clocks and wall clocks in addition to wristwatches and pocket watches.

I have 2 alarms clock like that from Zenith and Oris. Very commun for big brands to do some at that time. Maybe you lack the leather travel case. Maybe not if it's was design "only" to be put bed side.

I just found one of these in a thrift store and bought it. The outer encasement is pretty dirty. Does anyone have suggestions on how to clean it with out causing damage?