Forums Latest Members
  1. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Jun 3, 2020

I am looking to purchase a Timegrapher. I don't intend to try to repair anything I am just interested in the accuracy of the watches i own and ones I purchase in the future. A OF search turns up lots of references but no specific discussion on which to purchase.
    I found a Weishi No.1900 Multifunction Timegrapher on Amazon.
    https://www.amazon.com/OTOOLWORLD-C...1&keywords=TimeGrapher&qid=1591195611&sr=8-1&
    Great reviews but I am wondering what the members here think about the unit. Perhaps @Archer, or @X350 XJR might have some insight?
    Thanks in advance.

2. BrianPankow Jun 3, 2020

I have this one and it works really well. I check all new watches when they arrive, current ones semi-regularly and before and after a service. They are reasonably priced. I apply some electrical tape to the microphone watch clamp to avoid scratches. Also, large pocket watch cases are a tight fit. Finding info on interpreting the readout beyond the basics is a bit of a challenge.

98FDF5B8-B6EF-472C-AAEA-082A5205B665.jpeg

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 3, 2020

I have this style of machine in my closet - I use it as a back-up in the even my proper timing machine is out for repairs or recalibration.

If you can find a model that has menu options in buttons on the case, rather than having to scroll through screens, it will be more convenient to use.

Also, I don't know what watches you intend to use this on, but if it includes co-axial escapement watches, note that despite the claim that it will work on co-axial watches, it doesn't have the specific programming required to properly display the balance amplitude on these watches. So the timekeeping information is okay, but the balance amplitude readings will not be accurate.

Cheers, Al

4. wsfarrell Jun 3, 2020

5. ExpiredWatchdog Jun 3, 2020

I recommend the 1900 over the 1000. Bigger color screen. Supposedly better programming.
    Datejust timegrapher.jpg

There are a number of brands that have rebranded the 1000, MTG, TYMC, Acetimer, Ofrei come to mind.

The link right above my post is a pretty good price; I think I paid about $195 for mine. If you are wondering about the red thing in the upper right of the screen, it's a tab to pull the screen protector plastic.

6. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Jun 3, 2020

Thanks everyone. I grabbed a 1900 series from Amazon. Be here Friday. Good starter unit.