"time zone function" on an AT means what?

Help. I'm comparing movements and watches within Aqua Terras. Does "time zone function" mean I could move the hour hand without stopping the second hand or moving the minute hand?
Next - any concerns with the coaxial 899 movement?
This would be my first AT. Thoughts welcome. My thanks.

Help. I'm comparing movements and watches within Aqua Terras. Does "time zone function" mean I could move the hour hand without stopping the second hand or moving the minute hand?
Next - any concerns with the coaxial 899 movement?
This would be my first AT. Thoughts welcome. My thanks.
typing error - make that the 8900 coaxial movement. Keyboard problem.

Ask Lord Google, Lord Google delivers...

all praise be Lord Google.

Screenshot_20230128-131847_Chrome.jpg

thank you! As I thought, but I wanted to hear it from the owner community versus some AI routine!
Yes, Google is helpful, although I may wear my alum foil helmet when either using Alexa, Siri, or Google, even on line when only the entire universe is tracking me.
That time zone function is great, as on my older 50th anniversary seamaster.
Thank you - a good weekend to you.

I love the 8900 movement in my Creamsicle PO. The time zone function is very handy and I prefer it over a skipping date function.

Ask Lord Google, Lord Google delivers...

all praise be Lord Google.

Screenshot_20230128-131847_Chrome.jpg

Or he could ask the question on a website that was literally created to allow Omega enthusiasts to ask questions and interact with one another regarding Omega watches and their functions.

Or he could ask the question on a website that was literally created to allow Omega enthusiasts to ask questions and interact with one another regarding Omega watches and their functions.

I did take the time to answer his question, took a screen grab & uploaded it, and therefore would call that an interaction.
And I am an Omega enthusiast as I would assume he is as well so I don't see why my reply triggered you -- and so many days later at that.

Sorry you're having a bad day. Feel better.

I did take the time to answer his question, took a screen grab & uploaded it, and therefore would call that an interaction.
And I am an Omega enthusiast as I would assume he is as well so I don't see why my reply triggered you -- and so many days later at that.

Sorry you're having a bad day. Feel better.

Yes, you did answer the OP's question. And for that I thank you. But your answer suggests the OP should have just googled it and never bothered to come here. That may not have been your intent but that's the way it reads. I've been on many forums (not just watch related) over the last 20 years and this kind of interaction with a new member is not helpful to the community.

That's my opinion. If you think I'm wrong or triggered, so be it.

I'm having a great day by the way...

Yes, you did answer the OP's question. And for that I thank you. But your answer suggests the OP should have just googled it and never bothered to come here. I've been on many forums (not just watch related) over the last 20 years and this kind of interaction with a new member is not helpful to the community.

That's my opinion. If you think I'm wrong or triggered, so be it.

I'm having a great day by the way...

Nope, I appreciated him coming here to ask as I would hope others here do when I post and ask questions as well.

I suspected I knew the answer but wanted to confirm so I went to the Lord Google who spoke from high atop his perch... I then returned, posted the screen grab as well as thanked His All-Knowingness.

Glad you aren't triggered, it just appeared to be a particularly snitty, bitchy, reply from you -- but perhaps you thought my reply to the OP was also snitty and bitchy as well (it wasn't, but it was meant to amuse).
Have an even greater day tomorrow.

I appreciate the opportunity to learn from watch folk. Your knowledge and experience with various Omega movements and more is helpful to me. Thank you all.