Forums Latest Members
  1. buramu Aug 13, 2020

I've been lurking here for a few months, while waiting for my Speedmaster to arrive. I could finally pick it up today, so being a fresh Omega family member I feel now is a good time to introduce myself to the forum.

I'm from the Netherlands, and not a watch-collector by any stretch of the word. I merely like pretty things, and I have a rotation that is *very* slowly growing. The Speedmaster is my first "luxury segment" watch and it's intended to become my main daily wearer (hence I went for the sapphire). I won't be retiring my current Sinn 104 completely, but the Speedy feels like a massive step up in character and soul.

I'm happy that I managed to get this model Speedy just in time before Omega will replace it with a new and improved (and undoubtedly upmarket) model. Coaxial movement? Nice, but let's be honest - nobody buys a Moonwatch for its high-tech and accuracy. At least I didn't! I bought it because it's a timeless classic with all the quirks of a 50s/60s watch :)

wristshot.jpg

The 1863 in all its steampunky glory :cool:

caliber_1863.jpg

Did I already mention that I have a thing against metal bracelets?

full_frontal.jpg

Happy, pete91m, Duracuir1 and 10 others like this.
  2. 《007》 Aug 13, 2020

An Awesome piece of Art! :)

Duracuir1 and buramu like this.
  3. buramu Aug 13, 2020

@Moderators: please feel free to move this post to Member Support, which seems a more appropriate place in hindsight. Thanks!::facepalm1::

4. stuart70 Aug 13, 2020

Wear, enjoy and welcome.

buramu likes this.
  5. Chaz Goldenrod Aug 13, 2020

Congratulations, lovely choice! As a strap lover you'll find that the Speedmaster works great on NATO style straps too!

buramu likes this.
  6. SouthernScot Aug 13, 2020

Welcome to the forum, as a ‘lurker’ you will already know this is a great place for all sorts of information, enjoy your time here. Great start with some really good photos of a lovely watch.
    An avatar as well

buramu likes this.
  7. OmegaP99 Aug 13, 2020

Congrats on your Speedy, still exciting when somebody gets a new one. I'm also a strap lover, only have one piece on a bracelet and that's because it's a Holzer. A Sinn is not a bad place to start, I consider that a real watch too. Enjoy your collection!

buramu likes this.
  8. buramu Aug 13, 2020

Thanks and yes, I still love my 104. I believe in its price range it’s still one of the most wonderful watches one can find (and the brand itself is pretty special too, in all its over-engineering German-ness). :)

OmegaP99 likes this.
  9. pete91m Aug 13, 2020

Congrats and wear in good health! Love it on the brown leather.

buramu likes this.
  10. slwoodster Aug 14, 2020

congrats!

buramu likes this.