Forums Latest Members

WTB Time For A Speedmaster Pro

1. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Mar 1, 2013

I've been thinking about a Speedy Pro for a while. I'd been holding off for a birth year (1981), but for some reason, that year never seems to come up, lots of 1982 and 1983, but haven't seen an 81 at all.

So, yeah, my first preference is a 1981, but otherwise just a very good, clean vintage speedy pro, cal 861.
    D

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Mar 9, 2013

Found! Thanks.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 9, 2013

Grats!

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 9, 2013

Found when you have pictures. ;)

5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Mar 9, 2013

Yet to arrive. Will post photos when it arrives.

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Mar 9, 2013

Congrats...........

7. damo_t Apr 19, 2013

Out of curiousity, did you end up finding your birth year Speedy?

I myself am looking for the same thing you are (1981 Speedy) and you are right that there are plenty of 82-83 examples.

Would love to see pics too.

p.s. I'm new to the forum, being more of a Rolex guy.

8. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 19, 2013

Gave up on a birth year speedy. I got a 20 yr anniversary speedy, from 1989, from Kringkily and am very happy with it. He has a number of other Speedies for sale at the moment.

If you look for some of my recent posts you'll find photos. Dot have any on my iPod. Very happy with it

9. ulackfocus Apr 19, 2013

That's okay, we forgive you. :D Welcome!

10. damo_t Apr 21, 2013

Cheers mate. Appreciate your feedback. Love your Speedy.

Noticed you're an NRL fan. But I want say much, 'cos my Bulldogs have had a shocking start. Sigh.

11. damo_t Apr 21, 2013

Thanks for the warm welcome. I really look forward to learning a lot around here.

Cheers.

12. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 21, 2013

I'm no NRL fan! The 'titles' around here are given by the moderators. Ashely (dsio) I think is the NRL fan.

13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 21, 2013

I am a Broncos fan, yes :)

14. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Apr 21, 2013

What is the sport, for us non-Ozzies?

15. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 21, 2013

Rugby League, its sort of like NFL, except in Australia we don't wear body armour and helmets since we're not soft. ;)

DLT222 likes this.
  16. Buck2466 Apr 21, 2013

Hey, we play it over here too!......just not as well. Our best athletes play in the NFL, NBA, and MLB. It would be interesting to see what we could do with our best athletes and YEARS of experience of playing Rugby.:D

17. ulackfocus Apr 21, 2013

First, the BEST athletes are hockey players. Want proof? Show me one fat NHL player. You can't, can you? Plenty of NFL, MLB, and even some NBA players are quite overweight though. I'd love to see how foolish the starting 5 Los Angeles Lakers would look on skates. Certainly more idiotic than 5 hockey players would look on a basketball court.

Second, there's these gems from the '93 Philadelphia Phillies stars which show MLB players aren't that serious about stating in shape:

"I'm no athlete lady. I'm a baseball player." -John Kruk (when a woman confronted him about being overweight while her son was getting an autograph)

"Like they say, it ain't over till the fat guy swings." -Darren Daulton (about John Kruk)

"I dunno. I never smoked any Astroturf." -Tug McGraw (when asked whether he preferred grass or Astroturf)

18. Buck2466 Apr 22, 2013

Dennis,

Your argument about the Lakers starting five on ice skates would definitely be funny, but give them time and they would handle it. The same analogy could be said about any pro athlete trying to hit a golf ball for the first time and it is motionless. Never heard it said that golfers are the best athletes. There are a lot of fat NFLers that can run a 4.7 40 yard dash. I'd like to see hockey players 40 times, vertical leaps, and broad jumps compared to the ones in the NFL. One of the reasons I didn't include NHL in my original meassage about OUR best athletes, is because most of the NHL(correct me if I'm wrong) are from Canada and the rest of the world. I would have to say that they have the least amount of US born players percentage of the major sports leagues in the US. And as far as baseball goes, it is pretty well known in sports circles that the hardest thing in ALL of sports to do is hit a ball coming at you at 100 MPH. Nothing against hockey players, great sport and I have a lot of friends that played professionally, and they all happend to be from Canada. The point I was trying to make is that our second rate athletes play rugby in this country, while the best athletes in the rest of he world play Rugby. That is a big reason why the US is not competitive against most of the world in Rugby.