Forums Latest Members

Time 4A Pint #52 - London GTG, 6-10pm, Tuesday 28 March

1. tyrantlizardrex Feb 22, 2023

Join us in London at 6:00PM on Tuesday 28th March 2023 for a relaxed evening of drinking beer, talking watches and a fun, fact filled session of horological show & tell with a bunch of friendly nerds.

What to Expect
    • A cosy private room in a nice pub
      It’s great to be able to have watches out on tables without worrying. To make this possible we meet in private rooms, inside nice City of London pubs, so you can can relax, hang out with fellow collectors, and share your watches and their stories in absolute comfort.

• A maximum of 25 watch collectors
      Time 4A Pint GTGs are held in private rooms - to make the spaces we have as comfortable, safe, and enjoyable as possible, capacity is limited to 25 people.

• Horological Show & Tell - See, hear and learn new things!
      It can be quite difficult to see all the watches in the room, so halfway through the evening we pause conversation and indulge in a session of Horological Show & Tell, where up to 5 people share a story about something that tells the time.

Lots of fun for all involved, and something that was core to our lockdown induced virtualGTGs (watch the recordings here).

If you’d like to grab one of the Show & Tell slots, please book one of the five Show & Tell tickets.

• An easy going, friendly environment with no hard sell and no grand expectations
      Time 4A Pint is run by a collector, for collectors. There are no brands involved, there’s nothing for sale. It’s all about meeting people with a shared interest, to drink beer and hang out.

You will meet people who work for brands, sell watches professionally and work as watchmakers - but when they’re at Time 4A Pint they’re on their own time, they’re not looking for customers, they’re here to drink a few beers, have a good time and be nerdy with the rest of us.

And being nerdy doesn’t mean knowing everything, or owning everything - if you’ve got one watch and you want to come hang out, you’re welcome.

We don’t do snobbery and we have no time for grand standing.

• Sensible measures to reduce the risk of Covid 19
      Whilst I’m not going to guarantee that you can’t/won’t get Covid at a Time 4A Pint event, I am doing my best to reduce the risk.

The rooms we meet in is well ventilated, alcohol based hand sanitiser is provided.

Ideally everyone in attendance would be vaccinated, but this is no longer a requirement - however, behaving decently is. I’m a huge fan of science, and anyone found spouting anti-vax conspiracy theories will be removed and find themselves banned from all future Time 4A Pint events.

In the unfortunate event that you come down with Covid before the event, please stay at home, get better, and contact me for a refund.

How to get involved/sign up

To cover the cost of the room hire, tickets are £10 a head - if you would like to come along, please sign up here: https://www.time4apint.com/eventcalendar/time-4a-pint-52

Cheers

Chris

2. tyrantlizardrex Mar 6, 2023

Evening all.

6 out of the 25 spaces gone so far, and it's looking like a show & tell from Dan at Somlo on something exciting from the world of Breguet!

If you'd like to come along, get signed up through the link above.