Forums Latest Members

Tia4 any help 1958 omega does th watch go with th band? Tnx

1. Misst Sep 10, 2015

Hi I hav this omega from the numbers inside I hav found out it is from 1958 but hav been unable to find any pics of it I would like to know if th band goes with the face ? The band is marked speidel u.s.a image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Any other info would be greatly appreciated Thanku :)

image.jpg
  2. Misst Sep 10, 2015

Even an opinion on it might be nice ;) plz

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Sep 10, 2015

Looks like a pretty typical ladies Omega from that era. The band may be original, or not. Can't tell from the pictures.

Really no way to know for sure.
    gatorcpa

4. ulackfocus Sep 10, 2015

The "E" on your keyboard seems to be working intermittently. You should have that fixed.

5. ulackfocus Sep 10, 2015

Speidel was an aftermarket bracelet maker. It's not an original Omega, but back then you bought the watch head and chose whatever bracelet / strap you liked from the options that the dealer had in stock.

Misst likes this.
  6. Misst Sep 10, 2015

W
    Let me know what ud like pic of n I'll do my best to get th shots

7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Sep 10, 2015

Just want to know if both the watch and band are gold plated. If so, there is a chance that they are original.

It the watch is solid gold and the band plated, then no way.
    gatorcpa

Misst likes this.
  8. Misst Sep 10, 2015

image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg
  9. Misst Sep 10, 2015

Wasn't able to get decent pics of th print on th clasp with my phone. Under speidle it says 1/40-10k.r.g.p tops 1/50-10k.r.g.p ENDS&CTR. Don't know what th letters r so does this mean plated. N th face is stamped 9ct.

10. Misst Sep 10, 2015

11. Misst Sep 11, 2015

Thanx heaps everyone I got this watch from an opshop with some dress jewelry it was black on the out side but cleaned up nicely. Yes I am aware shiny is not always best but I didn't know what I had at the time. Started off just wanting a value but now I know it has some age I'd rather keep it and get a bit of a story for it n if it wasn't originaly built this way would love to restore it to it's former glory :)

Giff2577 likes this.
  12. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Sep 11, 2015

9K gold case means UK or Australian market piece. Since Speidel was sold mostly in the U.S., probably not original. But who cares?

It's a nice piece, just in need of some TLC.
    gatorcpa

Misst likes this.
  13. Misst Sep 11, 2015

Thank u gatorcpa :) so u would leave the watch on the band? It is very pretty I'm torn each day wether to wear it and love it or store and protect it :) what would u do??

14. peatnick Sep 11, 2015

wear it, no intrinsic value in a 9k case that size

good find, enjoy and keep at it :)

Misst likes this.
  15. Misst Sep 11, 2015

U Know that's what I wanna hear ;) x

16. italy1861 Sep 11, 2015

If your curious what your watch came with originally, you might find some pics of bracelets that were offered on vintage ladies Omega's at www.old-omegas.com. They have a bunch of old catalogs your can look through to get some ideas. You also may want to get the watch serviced if your going to start wearing it. Might of been awhile since it's had some TLC.

Misst likes this.