Three Omega's, one Hamilton

I have four vintage watches I've collected along the way. Per the picture attached, the 'Jumbo,' the day/date Seamaster and the Hamilton are each in excellent condition.

The other Omega works, but I believe needs servicing. But it does (appear to) have the original Omega bracelet.

These don't get much wrist time anymore. Not fair to them.

Question: What should I do with them? 20240601_111044.jpg

One hundered and fifteen post to go.

What do you know and like about them in the first place? Why are they not getting the wrist time that they deserve?

I find that I really do not have much opportunity to wear watches, since I have become more of a stay at home type. I have been semi retired for decades. With enough projects to keep me entertained for 500 years.

I am wondering if the wider access to the net it making people favor the virtual, or do more window shopping. Does not take much effort to create a large collection of watch images. There was an article noting that through things like Starlink, the remote tribes in the Amazon and other inaccessible places are now connected. At first they find it fascinating, then the costs become more apparent. It is really hard to give up being connected. This is what happens when the old tech trash is dumped in out of the way places.

There was another article about N. Korea dumping landfill trash using ballons on S. Korea. So there is too much of this stuff in the pipeline as it is. If there is a watch and phone (multiple) for every person on the planet, that makes these 4 watches just an insignificant fraction of 8 billion.

What is wrong with keeping them? They probably are not going anywhere.

What a random response. And you're an 'administrator' here? If so, you're not really too supportive of the hobby with comments like this. Don't worry, and please don't bother responding, you'll never see 200 posts from me here.

The WatchCrunch site is better in almost every aspect. Plus, they don't have (don't allow?) bizarre administrator comments. And since you brought it up, the public will be best served if you stay a "stay at home type."

What a random response. And you're an 'administrator' here? If so, you're not really too supportive of the hobby with comments like this. Don't worry, and please don't bother responding, you'll never see 200 posts from me here.

The WatchCrunch site is better in almost every aspect. Plus, they don't have (don't allow?) bizarre administrator comments. And since you brought it up, the public will be best served if you stay a "stay at home type."

Hello fellow cruncher! Don't be turned off by Sheep's comments, we get posts here every single day that are merely veiled attempts at making a sales post before reaching the required 200 post limit. I'm sure you've seen them on WUS as well, though since they only have 100 post limit with like 10,000 forums, so they can make that fairly quickly with innocuous, useless posts or throw up some fake WRUWs all over the place.

but I digress.

Throw up a profile pic, join the conversation, and let's talk about your vintage watches and how your tastes have evolved over time. Maybe you'll reconnect with them or maybe you'll find something else you like perusing the for sale section.

I'm not an admin nor a mod, but some will say that I talk too much. Strange, as I always though myself of an Introvert.

#welcome

Thank you for the response. However, as far as the Omega Forums go, that ship has already sailed for me. Too difficult to navigate. Then that last comment (rant?) from 'sheepdoll' was the final nail in the coffin.

Unfortunately, the one on the left appears to have a repainted dial, which will affect the value.

Unfortunately, the one on the left appears to have a repainted dial, which will affect the value.
Careful...we don't want to offend.
Oh wait....too late.

Arguments are next door. This is the Rainbow and Unicorn discussion dept.

Arguments are next door. This is the Rainbow and Unicorn discussion dept.

Complaints Department is closed on Mondays.

Complaints Department is closed on Mondays.

Those rascals. I hear the dept head is the CEO's nephew and they have a cake and ice cream break every Thursday at 1pm.

Careful...we don't want to offend.
Oh wait....too late.
The OP is obviously about selling.

The head of OF complaint department is Ms. Helen Waite. For those unwilling to join the community and engage in sharing their passion for timepieces, please go to Helen Waite. 😉

Omega Forums - home of thread drift since 1955.

Even if I think sometimes answers to newcomers here can be a bit harsh, this was quite the overreaction lol

Time to bring the cats.

837xzqaf2iy31.jpg

Even if I think sometimes answers to newcomers here can be a bit harsh, this was quite the overreaction lol

Time to bring the cats.

837xzqaf2iy31.jpg
My wife's favorite watch -- we're on #3!