Forums Latest Members
  1. lamhewtot Oct 3, 2014

Hi all,

I've been given the opportunity to purchase this vintage Omega, however, I'm having some difficulty sourcing for any further information regarding this piece. The only pieces of information given are that its 36mm in size without the crown powered by a calibre 266 with the Breguet hairspring, with 17 jewels and is anti-magnetic. A picture of the case back shows BK 2503 stamped on the inside. Searching Omega's vintage watch database turned up no results.

I'm hoping anyone could shed some light on this watch and any thoughts you may have regarding its authenticity and originality as well as the its value.

IMAG1869-001.jpg IMAG1875.jpg Untitled-003.jpg

Thanks!

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Oct 3, 2014

Don't bother with this one it has a poorly refinished dial and the case has been heavily polished.

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 3, 2014

As Norm said, this one is a poor example with case and dial.
    Here is the data from the Omega database.
    - Other -

Gents' leather strap

Reference
    CK 2503
    International collection
    Movement
    Type: Manual winding (mechanical)
    Caliber number: 260 / 265
    Cal. 260
    Created in 1941, 15 jewels
    Cal. 265
    Created in 1949, 15 jewels
    Functions
    Subsecond
    Case
    Stainless steel
    Case back
    Press-in
    Dial
    With hand-rivetted gold hour markers
    Crystal
    Hesalite
    Bracelet
    Leather
    Water resistance

4. lamhewtot Oct 3, 2014

Thanks for your quick replies,

That's a pity, I was hoping this piece was a good example, especially being 36mm, which is quite hard to find in the vintage market and at that price. The CK 2503 reference, was also the model i came across on the Omega database, and I did notice some irregularities with it and the watch itself. I assumed that it was just a different model. It also seemed strange to me that there was no luminous material on the watch despite the dial saying so.

Thanks again for your advice, I shall give this one a pass. Glad I hadn't dove in and bought it.

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 3, 2014

Yes due to poor refinishers that don't have any idea that the "T" means Tritium and does not be long on non Tritium watches

6. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Oct 3, 2014

+1. How stupid can you be.