Forums Latest Members
  1. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage May 23, 2013

2. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant May 23, 2013

no idea, all parts are still avaliable from omega. everything looks correct to me. watchco has most of it on the site. nobody will be able to tell you the history.... a value of $ 4500 seems more appropriate to me. kind regards. achim

3. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage May 23, 2013

Thanks for the reply Achim. It does look correct from what little I know of these. There is evidence of deep scratches on the case back which indicates to me that there should be some on the case as well so I think it may have been to Omega and had a refurbish.

I am interested to know your views on how much having a watch like this refurbished affects the value as opposed to an unpolished original in the same sort of condition? I am thinking this has had the dial and hands replaced and the case polished and re brushed which would seriously alter the value on a 105.012 for instance.

Thanks

CS

4. stefan May 23, 2013

Hi CS, the bezel insert has been redone and it should be with yellow numbers, see picture of first and second execution bezel, this bezel is an obsolete part from Omega and impossible to find. Case does not look like it was refurbished at Omega. I would find one with original bezel. 22.jpg

First execution bezel

11.jpg

Second execution, watch never been polished

99.jpg

33.jpg 330.jpg

Cheers

5. ulackfocus May 23, 2013

Gotta love finding an Omega with the purple snot still on the case back. Say what you will about needing a ____________ (fill in Speedmaster, De Luxe, Flightmaster, etc) to complete your Ω collection - I say you ain't playing in the big leagues until you have the goo covering the logo on the back of your watch.

6. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant May 23, 2013

you can buy that stuff in machine & metal workshops........ kind regards. achim

7. ulackfocus May 23, 2013

I didn't want to know how to fake it. :confused: Interesting that you know though. ;) Thanks for the tip!

8. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage May 23, 2013

Thanks for the advice Stefan and a beautiful pair of Big Blues you have there. This model is a grail for me and I have been amazed with how many there are on this forum. I have not had any reply from the seller to any of my questions so will take your advice and drop it.

CS

9. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. May 24, 2013

FWIW, the last few 176.004s I've seen sell on ebay sold in the $3500 range, but they were original and a bit more worn-looking. This one looks like watchco replaced dial, hands, bezels, and crystal and possibly more. To most collectors I'd imagine that limits desirability. Personally I'd rather have the $3500 original watch with wear and tear than that one for $5k.

Central Scrutinizer likes this.
  10. scundo Jul 4, 2016

Something about that case style just gets me. I love the Moonwatch or a 50's solid yellow gold Seamaster or Constellation but this watch is really unique and SCREAMS 1970's cool.

Edited Jul 9, 2016
  11. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 4, 2016

Shh.... that is our secret ! Achim.... best bill

12. Rasputin The Mad Monk of OF Jun 1, 2017

Is there a difference in value and rarity between the first and second iteration of the bezel? Were they used interchangeably during the time of production?