Thoughts on this potential 167.005 Constellation Purchase

I'm definitely not an expert on these, but I feel compelled to post anyway. Is the lume scraped off the end of the markers? From the photos it looks like it is gone. The lume on the minute hand is deteriorated, and the hand is rough. The lume on the hour hand may not be original (looks too darn nice compared to everything else). Case has been polished a bit. Aftermarket crystal? New rotor -- was there a recent service (and info on it)? Files are low rez -- I would want to see them at a higher resolution if I were a potential buyer, especially of the dial (which seems to look ok in the low rez shots). I don't know about the crowns, but the seasoned Constellation experts will definitely let you know.

Solid gold or fully stainless steel cases are generally more desirable. Are there photos or info on the clasp? As with anything, it could be a good buy if the price was right, or it could be horribly overpriced. What are they asking?

I see lume dot at 12. Not elsewhere
Agree about hands but they can be relumed
Case not bad for gold cap
Crown not original.
Movement regulator pushed all way on one side. Some rotor rub marks inside Caseback. Add cost of service
Dial looks ok better resolution needed.
Comes down to price.

I'm definitely not an expert on these, but I feel compelled to post anyway. Is the lume scraped off the end of the markers? From the photos it looks like it is gone. The lume on the minute hand is deteriorated, and the hand is rough. The lume on the hour hand may not be original (looks too darn nice compared to everything else). Case has been polished a bit. Aftermarket crystal? New rotor -- was there a recent service (and info on it)? Files are low rez -- I would want to see them at a higher resolution if I were a potential buyer, especially of the dial (which seems to look ok in the low rez shots). I don't know about the crowns, but the seasoned Constellation experts will definitely let you know.

Solid gold or fully stainless steel cases are generally more desirable. Are there photos or info on the clasp? As with anything, it could be a good buy if the price was right, or it could be horribly overpriced. What are they asking?
its up to $918 on auction with 2d left

Crown not original.
Movement regulator pushed all way on one side. Some rotor rub marks inside Caseback. Add cost of service
Comes down to price.
what makes the rotor rub on the inside of the caseback.

what makes the rotor rub on the inside of the caseback.
I am not a watchmaker but as I understand there are instances where highest edge of rotor rubs against the inside caseback (making a visible ring), and also underside of rotor can rub against the bridge beneath it, also causing a visible ring. This indicates a problem with the parts that keep the rotor running where it should, such as loose screws or broken or worn parts, and requires a service to sort out. Somebody please correct if this is incorrectly stated.
One of many threads on this but it gives the basics. Its not good and is a sign of a problem so better to avoid watch with signs of rotor rub.

I am not a watchmaker but as I understand there are instances where highest edge of rotor rubs against the inside caseback (making a visible ring), and also underside of rotor can rub against the bridge beneath it, also causing a visible ring. This indicates a problem with the parts that keep the rotor running where it should, such as loose screws or broken or worn parts, and requires a service to sort out. Somebody please correct if this is incorrectly stated.
One of many threads on this but it gives the basics. Its not good and is a sign of a problem so better to avoid watch with signs of rotor rub.
Makes sense, thanks!

I’ve seen this one come up quite a few times and kept skipping over it in the eBay recommended thread due to the rough case, hands and crown, crystal also looks generic as normally from this many angles you can see the Omega symbol in at least one of them.

I’ve seen this one come up quite a few times and kept skipping over it in the eBay recommended thread due to the rough case, hands and crown, crystal also looks generic as normally from this many angles you can see the Omega symbol in at least one of them.
Seems like it’s hard to find a good one for sale lol

Everyone is looking for the pie pans! You either go to a dealer and pay big money, or have patience and wait to have luck on an auction where you will also pay big.

The reference in the case back is looking strange too. Either my brain is playing tricks, or it’s not written 167.005

Everyone is looking for the pie pans! You either go to a dealer and pay big money, or have patience and wait to have luck on an auction where you will also pay big.
lol ok

The reference in the case back is looking strange too. Either my brain is playing tricks, or it’s not written 167.005
So odd

Crown not original.
Comes down to price.
What’s the best way to tell if a crown isn’t original. What reference guide is everyone using? Or have yall just looked at enough pie pans to tell lol

Amazing, thanks!

I am in the crown replacement process, and a gold naiad crown is ~ 150-250 on Ebay depending on quality, plus the cost of swap. Should have it back this week with a final tally.